Principal Group Program Manager - Retail, Commercial Software Engineering
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges and transform their industries using cloud-based solutions.
We work closely with our customers’ engineers to develop code to jointly solve their biggest challenges to accelerate progress in their organization. In the process, we help shape the future of our own platforms by partnering with our product groups to improve them. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
Our teamsitsside-by-side with our customers to collaboratively innovate custom solutions tailored to solve their challenges. Our work involves the development of high-impact, open-source software assets that contribute to the Microsoft platform that are broadly applicable. Responsibilities
- Act as a coach and leader as part of CSE’s leadership team
- Drive CSE’s engagement in high visibility, large scale projects for key customer opportunities
- Build the technical program managementdisciplineand community withinCSE
- Build connections with Microsoft product group engineering leaders to align on engineering practices and achieve consistentdelivery
- Deepen our focus on Microsoft’s Industry Prioritized Scenarios
- Establish deep partnerships across Worldwide Commercial Business to bring the best of Microsoft to bear on strategic customerprojects
While candidates will be evaluated holistically, the ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, building and shipping apps and/or services
- Cloud Native: Experiencedin Cloud Native application development technologies and proven track record of delivering commercially competitive, cloud scale,and reliable solutions.
- Developers as Customers: Experienced software developer and experienced with and empathy for developers as customers.
- Planning and Execution: Ability to think holistically and strategically. Leverage understanding of engineering rhythm so that the team operates at a high level, knowledge is shared appropriately, and decision making happens at the right levels on the team. Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage complex technical projects.You understand the importance of arrivingatWHAT we solve (Design Thinking) as well as HOW we solve it (Agile, DevOps, Lean)
- Communication: Able to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with senior business and technical decision makers inside and outside Microsoft. Conceptualize complex ideas quickly and convey those thoughts to others in a clear,effectiveand motivating manner.
- Collaboration: Strong collaborator able to work effectively across broad teams and influence stakeholders of all levels and of all disciplines across Microsoftandcustomers.
- Cultural Leadership: Proven ability to lead cultural initiatives, having positive impact on team morale and fostering an environment of inclusion.
- Microsoft Values: As a member of the Commercial Software Engineering LT, candidates must be excellent representatives of the Microsoft cultural attributes and leadership principles.
- Judgement: Excellent business and technical judgment. Consistent demonstrating executive maturity and intellectual curiosity, helping the team pursue the best ideas.
- Talent Magnet:You attract, retain, grow,and scale diverse talent. You understanddiversity and inclusionas a key catalyst to create the richest experiences and ideas that can help our teams, our customers, and the environmentsin which we live.
At Microsoft we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can have on the communities and for making a difference in the world.We welcome diversity of all kinds. Our team includes many perspectives, cultures, educational backgrounds, life stages, identities, and technical skills, and we believe this contributes to our success and that of our customers.As a group, we work to build consensus with our teammates and customers.We livea culture that ensures that all voices and perspectives are heard and considered.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws,regulationsand ordinances.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden