Do you have a passion for high scale services and working with some of Microsoft’s most critical customers? We’re looking for a Software Engineer with the right mix of software development, on-line services experience and passion for quality to envision, design, and deliver Office 365 Enterprise Cloud service offerings.
Office 365 is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud first, devices first strategy as it brings together cloud versions of our most trusted communication and collaboration products like Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype with our cross-platform desktop suites and mobile apps. The Office 365 Enterprise Cloud team works with Microsoft’s largest enterprise to deliver features that meet their specific needs and unblock cloud adoption. As you would expect, our customers have the highest expectations for feature quality, security, reliability, availability, and performance.
Our team has a proven success record of bringing in millions of seats to Office 365 and is focused on the next wave of innovation to accelerate growth. The opportunities and challenges are diverse and complex, cutting across customer architecture and implementation, service configuration and management, identity, compliance, security, access, infrastructure reliability and much more.
The Sr. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team provides leadership, direction and accountability for application architecture, system design, and end-to-end implementation. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will identify and deliver software improvements using your expertise in software development, complexity analysis, and scalable system design. Strong collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services/systems are highly stable and performant, meeting the expectations of our Enterprise customers and users.
At Microsoft, we can offer you a strong team, exciting challenges, and a fun place to work. The work environment empowers you to have a positive impact on millions of end users.
The right candidate for this job (is):
Unwavering passion for meeting customer demands and delivering a dial tone service.
• Develop, and deliver the required software engineering to serve O365 Enterprise cloud customers.
• Proactively identify and reduce issues through design, testing, and implementation of software-based solutions.
• Collaborate with Engineering and Program Management partners to translate customer, business, and technical requirements into architectural designs and feature releases.
• Drive efficiencies through software improvement and root cause analysis resulting in service delivery, maturity, and scalability.
• Work within a highly skilled team of engineers to deliver revolutionary improvements to the cloud and scale them.
• 5+ years of software development in distributed systems or automation.
• 5+ years of experience using scripting languages such as PowerShell, or compiled languages such as C/C++, C# are most relevant, but others are acceptable.
• Bachelor of Science, Computer Science degree, or 5+ years in software development.
• Experience with working in a team, including coordinating large projects, communicating well, and exercising initiative when presented with problems.
• Experience with the Microsoft cloud and/or stack including O365, Azure, Windows or other Microsoft software/services.
• Experience leveraging cloud architecture, applying site reliability principles, and/or demonstrating sensitivity to operational concerns.
• Full-stack troubleshooting skills across network, application, hardware, management fabric, and distributed services layers.
• Good understanding of operating system level concepts such as processes, memory allocation, and the network stack; understanding of how applications are affected by the above, and ability to debug same.
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.