Principal Electrical Engineer
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on great Microsoft experiences with touch first mobile computing. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want, and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
We are looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer/Architect to focus on the electrical system design for next generation Surface products. A strong mix of technical breadth and depth will allow you to work cross-functionally with different disciplines (Industrial Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Thermal, Software and Firmware) to develop compelling, innovative products. You will design and develop circuits and select key strategic components for the entire product. Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead high-impact system electrical research and development projects.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineering, firmware, hardware verification, and many other engineering and design disciplines to optimize the overall system from concept to completion in the factory.
- Design, build and test rapid prototypes for evaluation of new product ideas or technology concepts.
- Conduct design and debug investigations and support development, failure analysis, and resolution activities.
- Develop project documentation including specifications, schematic diagrams, PCB layouts, schedules, and presentations to meet requirements and communicate the electrical design and its progress.
- Plan for next-generation products. Work in close collaboration with ME and ID to define products 6-12 months ahead of project start. Work with sub-system teams to look at the technology available in that time frame.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and generate new ideas for incorporating them into cutting edge products.
- Drive high level architecture decisions to ensure a smooth transition to a full product development.
- Partner with the Silicon Development Team to mesh advanced development schedules with project schedules. Drive strategic feature-sets in upcoming products.
- Collect requirements and drive for feature inclusion into silicon innovations.
- Partner with ME/SW teams to provide ideas for Proof of Concepting to showcase capabilities.
- Partnership across Devices organization to help products work together.
- Work with SW architecture team to strategize on long lead time items that need Hardware support.
- Be a source of knowledge about technology advancements in battery, displays, cameras, sensors, RF, and audio.
- Be knowledgeable in silicon process, off-the-shelf silicon products, and advancements in processors and sensors.
- Minimum BS/MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field. MS strongly preferred.
- 15+ years of experience designing, implementing, and shipping high volume consumer electronics products of medium to high complexity.
- Hands-on design and factory bring-up experience required in a broad-range of tablet/laptop sub-systems ranging from: RF, analog, digital, audio, video, power, electromechanical, low power, charging, display, and sensors.
- Proficient in high-speed digital design, signal and power integrity, and layout.
- Strong understanding of EMI/RFI mitigation techniques and their impact in mobile and cellular products.
- Strong understanding of power architectures and system-level analysis.
- Creative and strong problem solving, debug, and failure analysis skills. Having a solid understanding of core engineering principles, fundamental circuit design, and analytical techniques is required.
- Strong communication skills are required. This includes the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms at the executive level.
- Proven small team technical lead experience to accomplish program goals.
- Design for manufacturing and test experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment preferred.
Domestic and international travel required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden