We are building the Intelligent Conversation and Communications Cloud (IC3). We power Microsoft’s first-party real-time conversation products, notably Skype and Teams with many millions of users, by providing reliable and high-quality audio and video calling, meetings, and chat services that work every time, from anywhere, on any device. And we expose our core capabilities to third-party partners, with which they can bring conversations to life in their own products. With IC3, we will enable customers to do more by making conversations on our platform more intelligent, surfacing useful information in real-time and taking actions on the customers’ behalf during the conversation. Artificial Intelligence is a disruptive technology and in IC3, we are infusing AI and machine learning across the entire product suite to help our customers both at home and in the enterprise meet their goals more quickly and effectively. Our team’s focus is to apply the forefront of artificial intelligence and deep learning technologies to communication scenarios so that every call, meeting, or chat will make the next one better.
About the Role We are looking for a smart, highly motivated, and innovative PM who is passionate about building real-time communication services using ML models. In this role you will focus on how deep learning can be used to replace or augment traditional audio/video signal processing components to achieve outstanding call quality even in the most challenging conditions. To achieve this, you will work with multiple partner teams, including Microsoft Research, to understand the end-to-end scenarios, translate the requirements into specifications and work with a team of software engineers and applied scientists to implement them. You will balance rapid iteration, respecting privacy, and compliance requirements. Responsibilities: Analyze and understand current user needs in the problem domain.
• Define goals and metrics for a successful solution by thinking deeply through the scenarios and translating that into specifications
• Develop a strategy and differentiated value proposition for the area
• Leverage your superb interpersonal skills to collaborate and execute with a diverse team • Guide MSR towards solving the future long-term AI problems we will face
• Continuously read the latest AI and deep learning papers from the hottest conferences (NIPS, ICLR, ICML) and use ideas from them to inspire and direct the team
• Work with marketing and PR teams to evangelize our work
• 3+ years of experience in program management or related relevant experience
• 2+ years of experience in audio or video processing
• A BS/MSc in technical field or equivalent technical knowledge. Coursework and demonstrated proficiency in AI/Machine Learning
• 2+ years of experience in areas such as machine learning, large-scale data processing platforms, or personalized Web services, and designing and running A/B experiments
• Demonstrated ability to come up-to-speed quickly on a new technical domain.
• Self-motivated and curious with a growth mindset, with the ability to structure complex problems and think creatively. • Team player, confident, independent, and enthusiastic
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.