Director, Americas Business Engagement, University Recruiting - Global Talent Acquisition
In Microsoft’s Global Talent Acquisition organization, our mission is to engage and hire the people who empower the planet. We endeavor to play a vital role in delivering on the promise of Microsoft’s culture and ultimately, make a difference in the world, through how and who we recruit. We believe that when recruiting experiences reflect the value and diversity of talented people, everyone can achieve more.
Our University Recruiting team scours the globe for university talent of today that will define and lead Microsoft in the future. Enabling impact is at the very heart of our company, the role of this leader will be to enable our business partners to accelerate their transformation of our company, across the world by delivering university talent aligned to their specific business needs. The teams you will lead are responsible for business engagement aligned to all Microsoft’s Americas (US, Canada, LATAM) teams. You will partner closely with the Americas Delivery Director and global colleagues. In addition, the director is responsible for managing the relationship between University Recruiting, Business Leadership, HR partners, Industry peers, and other key stakeholders. This includes providing business reviews to senior leadership, coordinating with these partners to deliver a collaborative and concerted recruiting effort, and making sure our current recruiting work is aligned to the needs of Microsoft as a whole. Responsibilities
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Applies broad knowledge of the strategic direction across Microsoft businesses to develop and advise business groups on long-term, cross-company recruiting strategies. Partners with HR and business leaders to identify future talent needs and priorities and consult on Talent Acquisition matters.
- Applies deep knowledge of factors impacting current and future business state and talent needs, recognizes how factors interact with other business areas, and uses this knowledge to develop and implement long-term strategies and guide the development of hiring plans aligned to business needs and company-wide Talent Acquisition objectives.
- Partners across business areas, organizations, and global regions to uncover patterns of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that are not typically considered. Sets targets to meet differentiated talent needs and develops plans to promote and influence the company-wide adoption of differentiated talent.
- Coaches the business to leverage the message of the Microsoft story and opportunity it represents during the hiring process.
- Proactively identifying company-wide trends that may adversely impact groups of candidates and partnering with other UR leaders to develop mitigation strategies.
Operational Compliance & Excellence
- Incorporates requirements (business system or regulatory) into policy, process, or system changes and optimizations. Drives implementation across team and ensures that standard procedures are being followed throughout the recruiting process.
- Holds the organization accountable for utilizing appropriate staffing or tracking systems, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation). Drives team to capture relevant data in recruiting platform and tools and monitors and oversees quality of data capture.
- 10+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
- 5+ years formal or informal leadership/managerial experience.
- Strong people leadership and capability in building and leading high-performing teams.
- Strong communication, partnership, teamwork, and influencing skills are required.
- Ability to drive strategy, work with data and analytics, and demonstrated capability in effective and creative business engagement.
- Solid business and financial acumen, systems thinking and critical problem solving at scale.
- Exceptional and effective partnership across broad audiences of internal and external partners, stakeholders, and customers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden