Microsoft Advertising PromoteIQ provides intelligent vendor marketing solutions for the next generation of e-commerce. Our platform helps retailers implement, automate, and scale their brand-funded digital vendor marketing programs. We sit at the intersection of marketing and e-commerce and have a singular mission of empowering retailers and brands to maximize their e-commerce performance.
We embody a strong startup culture that values diversity, collaboration and craftsmanship - and above all else, results. Our bias towards execution balances critical thinking, root analysis and pragmatic problem solving. We expect a lot from one another and value our thoughtful and intellectually curious company culture.
Who we’re looking for
A Technical project manager plays a critical role in planning and executing high-impact org-wide initiatives. This will involve continuously improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our product and engineering organizations and help bring more synergy. The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, a high bar for quality, and bold innovation. You will be part of a passionate and growing team in Engineering and Product who takes pride in their work and cares about their colleagues.Responsibilities
• Project manage complex and large-scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives. Interface with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources.
• Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to management and project stakeholders. Engage the project teams to achieve goals.
• Gather data/metrics and observations to identify obstacles and drive for improvement. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Drive results proactively.
• Help manage the cross-functional strategic planning and business planning process, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for strategic initiatives and developing those into detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning etc ).
• Implement improvements to the engineering organization and the project management process. Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization.
• Communicate effectively with engineering managers and other stakeholders
• Minimum of 2+ years experience as a Project Manager or a TPM in a software / SaaS development environment.
• Familiar with both SLDC methodologies like Agile and Waterfall and able to apply them pragmatically and as best suited.
• Familiarity with Project management tools and processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of the highest priority items.
• Solid technical aptitude and the ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you and you with engineers.
• Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions.
• Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.