As part of Microsoft Digital, you’ll be working with the latest technology before it’s available to anyone else. Our teams are the first to create innovative technology experiences combining the latest Microsoft products and services with leading solutions from across the industry.
Microsoft Digital builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Microsoft Digital employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
Our teams are seeking Software Engineers to join us as we create and deliver mission critical business services and processes for Microsoft. You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our world-wide operations. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies as the earliest adopters, while mentoring other team members.
As a software engineer, you will be involved in designing, coding, testing, deploying and supporting features that enable our mission critical business partners. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies (Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, Social, Security Software and services) while engineering for automated testing (in a TDD environment), Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly. You will work closely with peers across teams to help build flexible and high-performing components that enable next generation of business services.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more! Responsibilities
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions using micro services patterns
- Practice Agile+ software development by adding and leveraging Telemetry/Instrumentation to our components and services to drive decisions while executing in an agile cadence for engineering activities such as: designing, coding, testing, debugging and incident management
- Carry out quick technology “spikes” (or proofs of concepts, flighting) to create value in new features and service.
- Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) accountable for Live Site Services of the key business/service metrics in production to proactively resolve issues before they occur
- Adhere to and drive sound software engineering practices through design reviews, system design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions.
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
- Pays utmost attention to quality right from the design phase, incorporating TDD practices, demonstrated ability to write bug-free code and are engineered for testability.
- Exposes test coverage issues, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas
- Considers testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when their code is ready to be shared and delivered.
- Build a clear understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Applies coding patterns, best practices to meet standards and polices (Security, Privacy, SOX)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, or related technical discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in developing complex, large scale software in C#, Java or equivalent languages
- 1+ year of experience with building on Microsoft Azure or other Cloud solutions
- Excellent technical problem solving, design, coding, communication and debugging skills
- Proficiency in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience in Agile execution/delivery
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and efficiently collaborate with partners to deliver outstanding results.
- Attention to details and passion for high quality software.
- Strong skills in designing and implementing Service Oriented Architecture, REST, OData services.
- Experience working on relational databases (like SQL server, T-SQL) and semi-structured or NoSQL databases (like Cosmo DB, Azure Table/Blob storage etc.)
- Experience with data modeling
- Experience with any of the following testing: performance testing, security testing, privacy testing, accessibility testing, and localization / globalization testing.
- Experience with DevOps model including but not limited to Continuous Delivery, TDD, and Testing in Production
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden