Enterprise Digital Specialist - Azure Data & AI
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions.
The Enterprise Digital Sales and Technology Unit is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
The Enterprise Digital Specialist role is focused on working with Microsoft’s account teams to identify and drive opportunities in targeted workloads. The key goal of this role is to increase incremental sales volume of Microsoft Azure, through the generation of new opportunities that result in additional customer revenue. As a Enterprise Digital Specialist you will work closely with Sellers and Partners to plan and execute account coverage and campaign strategies to unlock new sales opportunities. The role is adept at understanding the needs and process pains of customers to identify opportunities where Microsoft solutions can add long-term value. You will have the exciting opportunity to be responsible for serving as the cloud computing subject matter expert for customers, fostering a positive and collaborative experience for prospects to evaluate, engage with and implement Microsoft products and partner solutions. Responsibilities
Enterprise Digital Specialists are key to ensuring new Microsoft Azure customers have an excellent Azure on-boarding experience and are set up to deploy Azure workloads with ease. In order to do this, Digital Specialists are required to:
- Understand customers' overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions).
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, Analytics and AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics technologies where appropriate (e.g. SQL Server, Azure Synapse, Azure ML, Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Data Factory, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Power BI, etc.
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
- Collaborate with the broader Digital and field sales teams to develop complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Work strategically to remove technical and business sales roadblocks and innovate to improve business development practices
- Ensure excellence in pipeline management, pipeline hygiene, and sales execution against targets
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- 2+ years of technology related sales or business development experience, particularly with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management.
- Expertise in SQL including OSS (postgres, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- Expertise in NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Expertise in Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Expertise in Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau
- An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends and solution partners
- Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals
- Takes initiative to independently grow technical knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required, ideally with a major or minor in computer science, mathematics or engineering.
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Subject matter expertise preffered in the following:
- Data Governance
- Data Engineering
- Data Science
- Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server
- Artificial Intelligence including BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Cognitive Search
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python
- Competitive Landscape - Knowledge of cloud development platforms.
- Partners - Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden