Microsoft Software Technology Center at Asia (STCA) aims to the best user experience for Web Search, Advertisement, Cloud, and Enterprise services. The Natural Language Processing (NLP) Group in STCA has more than 100 scientists and engineers, working on various NLP techniques and applications.
We're looking for a passionate Applied Scientist to help us on our mission of employing deep learning to understand all the data on the web; the largest store of information in human history. With this understanding we power end-user experiences across a variety of areas, including:
- Recommender systems
- Search Relevance
- Question answering
- Knowledge Graph
- Build up the world-class AI systems with novel NLP techniques and engineering excellence.
- Collaborate with Microsoft Research Asia and partner production teams to explore cutting-edge NLP technology and deliver both research and production impact.
Address challenges in products through Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning approaches and transfer novel ideas to production applications.
Build the word-class AI systems through close team collaborations to power various production scenarios, including Recommendation, Search, QA, and Dialogues, etc.
Track state-of-the-arts techniques and explore how to transfer them to production for business impact.
Ph.D. or Master degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related areas
Proficient in at least one common programming language, such as Python/C++/Java
Priority will be given to candidates meet any of the following conditions:
- Good basics on NLP related areas, especially Recommendation, Search, QA, MRC, Knowledge graph, Dialogue, et al.
- Good basics on machine learning, especially deep learning technologies.
- Strong publication records on top conferences or journals.
- Strong passion in NLP area with great learning and teamwork spirit.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.