Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
We are looking for an intellectually curious, customer-obsessed Support Engineering Manager, who has a demonstrated track record in building teams through effective and strong leadership and has empowered people to help customers succeed. As a Support Engineering Manager (SEM), you will focus on building and leading a high performing team of engineers. You will be responsible for ensuring our teams provide a positive support experience, which includes being responsive to our customers and effectively partnering with stakeholders on the most critical problems for Microsoft customers. You will represent Microsoft to our customers and will work directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience. You will act as the voice of the customer to internal audiences such as the Microsoft Engineering Group, leveraging the culture of customer obsession at Microsoft to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.Responsibilities
Support Engineer Manager (SEM) specialize in product configuration. As an SEM, you will investigate and solve critical, complex, technical issues and employ problem isolation techniques and product knowledge to solve problems. You will use sophisticated tools and analysis requiring the highest skill level of conflict resolution and collaboration. You will be responsible for building robust relationships across the business engaging with high profile individuals in order to deliver a quality support experience enabling overall customer success. We are also passionate about knowledge sharing and prioritize continuous learning and feedback sessions to provide ongoing mentoring within the technical support community. We seek out people who:
- Are thoughtful, analytical leaders
- Have a passion for technology and continuous learning
- Thrive in dynamic, high-stress environments
- Are eager to collaborate and build strong relationships
- Are able to see a problem from many angles
- Embrace multicultural environments
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
- 6+ Years of People Management Experience. 12+ years of overall work experience
- People/Performance Management - Supervising and enhancing the performance of a team of Cloud Services Technical Advisors & Support Engineers in the areas of customer satisfaction, technical expertise, collaboration and timeliness of support delivery.
- Business/Operation/Reviews - Drive a culture of accountability within the MS FTE team maximizing team efficiency, and ensuring alignment with SDMs, Supplier Staff and other Stake Holders to meet and exceed business scorecard targets.
- Team Readiness & Development - Identify and implement solutions / capabilities that increases TA's/SE's effectiveness and ensure career development, succession and retention plans are in place for the team with a personal development plan for each individual tracked with regular connects / 1:1s
- Work Environment - Increase / maintain the health and collaboration of the workgroup and effectiveness as a People Manager
- Resource Management - Lead and drive Headcount Planning/Hiring/Financials/Scheduling/Availability/TA Travel etc. for Technical Advisors and Support Engineers
- Business & Stake Holder Connect - As a key partner of the business supported, connect regularly with SDM, Regional Stake Holders and Suppliers
- Daily Ops & Quality Assurance - Monitor daily operations of TAs and SEs and ensure they are complying with daily operational rigor
- LOB Scorecard Co-Ownership - Attain team/group/cluster/regional KPI Goals by working closely with Suppliers, SDMs and Technical Advisors by driving all the lead measures in the business and maintain business health.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.