App Specialist Manager, Financial Services Industry
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us Responsibilities
Microsoft is uniquely positioned to win “App Innovation” workloads to help with customer’s Digital Transformation journey. Microsoft apps portfolio spans Azure App Platform, PowerApps, GitHub/DevOps and Visual Studio. Azure App Platform is one of the fastest growing businesses inside the Azure platform and has tighter integrations with developer tools. The Apps Manager is the most senior Apps leader within our enterprise sales organization. In this role, you will lead the sales strategy, planning and execution of Microsoft’s App Innovation Portfolio and build/manage team of App Specialists to deliver on Microsoft’s aspirations and sales goals in this dynamic and fast-growing enterprise market.
The App Specialist Manager will focus the team to proactively engage with business and technical decision makers, identify business opportunities which leverage the power of Azure, and move through the sales process to the solution definition phase (MVP – minimum viable product) when the Customer Success team will engage from the technical proof stage to a production go-live date. The App Specialist Manager will coach their team to generate solution revenue, Azure consumption revenue and increase market share by successful identifying customer opportunities and developing them into solutions built using Microsoft Azure App Platform, Azure Data Services, Dev Tools and other related products and technologies.
The App Specialist Manager is responsible for:
- The Specialist Manager is a senior sales leader with deep technical expertise coupled with rich business experience. The combination of this expertise and experience best enables our senior sales leaders to represent the opportunity and benefits of Microsoft’s App Innovation portfolio to customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- To enable the App business to truly grow to its potential, this role requires the ability to assess the marketplace, identify the unique business opportunity, develop a comprehensive sales strategy, and inspire the team to execute with excellence.
- As a market maker, has a broad understanding of technology trends, market forces and industry imperatives. Builds strong connections with priority partners to create a meaningful extension of the team’s sales and technical reach.
- Can interpret complex market signals and internal feedback loops to make critical decisions in how the team goes to market.
- Is an influencer to senior level BDMs and ITDMs (CxO level), effectively building trust and being able to coach and engage across many deal types and project phases.
- Translate Microsoft’s technology breadth into business impact through solid business and professional skills in order to accelerate the customer’s digital transformation.
- Deep engagement with Area Sales, Marketing and Services in order to create a unified and holistic sales approach. Drives growth planning for App business, acts as the Chief Compete Officer for App Innovation and Digital Transformation, primary Area representative for App business discussions and Corp connections.
- Challenge and empower teams to think independently and consider novel solutions design, based on an outside-in business strategy embodying a One Microsoft approach.
- Lead sellers to drive the App business to overachieve revenue, consumption and scorecardtargets and manage pipeline.
- Lead sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions, increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Ensures smooth orchestration among cross-solution sales teams (Data & AI, Business Apps, Git Hub) and other teams (e.g., partners, services, Customer Success, engineering support)to engage the customer.
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
- Coaches Sellers with a “challenger mentality” by prompting Sellers to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
- Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the sales organization and at corporate levels.
- Experienced: At least 10 years of experience developing high-performing enterprise software platform / cloud platform sales teams and a proven track record of exceeding team quotas/targets at large Software and Cloud Services companies.
- Market Maker: Proven, well known, leadership reputation in the advanced technology space. Successful management of large-scale, complex deal cycles at Fortune 1000 accounts. The ideal candidate will have a depth of background in Application Dev Cloud Platform, Managed Services, Dev Ops and Developer Tools.
- Leader: Proven abilities to recruit and grow great talent, as well as inspire and build high performance teams. Strong collaborative attitude, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity.
- Experience with Financial Services customers is preferred.
- Technical passion: Passion for and experience with App Migration/Modernization to cloud, architecture designs and technology management. Experience with one or more of the following is preferred:
- Application development platforms on public clouds and/or Azure.
- Scalable architectures using PaaS/Managed services, serverless technologies, container orchestration, cloud native & microservice architectures and low code technologies.
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains such as GitHub.
- Understanding of Data & AI technologies in context of app development.
- Understanding of Low code platform and technologies such as Power Platform.
- Competitive Landscape:Knowledge of cloud development platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, or in Business Administration, or relevant job experience is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, presentation skills and consultative selling is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden