The Azure Compute Organization is responsible for creating the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Platform for utility computing. This platform is one of the lowest levels of the services software/hardware stack and includes an efficient, virtualized computational substrate, a fully automated service management system, and a comprehensive set of highly scalable storage services.
Azure is a rapidly growing and evolving cloud platform; teams collaborate to manage the capacity lifecycle from demand signals to hardware decommission. Capacity Infrastructure Services (CIS) platform automates hardware and devices provisioning/de-provisioning, datacenter operations, business processes, and delivers data analytics e2e. This enables Microsoft services to manage capacity in an efficient, compliant, and secure way.
• Drive daily status meetings that monitor progress of buildout of new capacity based on progress reports
• Identify blocking issues and resolve them in a timely manner. Analyze errors, logs and apply corrective actions. Locate and work with Azure component teams and work with them to resolve issues within SLA
• Distribute weekly summary of buildout progress
• Drive weekly RCA meetings to address root causes of the issues identified during buildout
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings
• Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
• Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
• Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
• Microsoft Software and Systems Academy, Degree in Computer Science, coding academy, or equivalent industry experience
• 1+ years of service engineering, site reliability engineering, or developer experience running a large scale cloud service, or experience performing systems administration or network engineering at enterprise scale
• Solid debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills, proven ability to learn theory of operation and extend concepts to perform methodical troubleshooting without predefined procedures
• Experience using C#, Java, C++, C, PowerShell, SQL, or other scripting/programming language
• Ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience building and operating scalable distributed systems would be a huge plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.