Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Support Escalation Engineers (SEE) serve as Senior technical leaders for Microsoft customers and partners, via phone, email chats, forums and web. They deliver value by collaboratively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, promoting product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. SEEs contribute to the success of others through mentoring peers, delivering one-to-many education and advising Managers on the development of the Team.
The strong suit of an SEE is in employing problem isolation techniques, assets, and product knowledge to solve problems. They investigate and solve highly complex technical issues requiring expert product or service knowledge. They act as a subject matter expert regarding product / configuration and will often employ sophisticated troubleshooting tools such as analysis of event logs, component traces, and performance traces to resolve customer issues. SEEs collaborate with experts from across the business, including our Development Teams.Responsibilities
• Help solve technically complex, strategic/high-profile or long-running customer cases that may require interaction with Software Engineering
• Responsible for the customer support experience with Microsoft
• Own, troubleshoot and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams (e.g. swarming)
• Identify cases that require escalation (either technically or strategically)
• Create and maintain incident management requests to product group/engineering group
• Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation and other digital self-help assets to improve customer/ engineer experience
• Provide ramp activities, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
• Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
Mandarin Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. English Language: confident in reading, writing and speaking.
Required in one or more of each area
o Strong knowledge and experience in .Net Framework, ASP.NET, VB.NET.
o Cloud Technologies: Microsoft Azure, Amazon web services, iCloud
o Languages and Compilers: C/C++, C#, VB.NET, JAVA, HTML5
o Developer Tools such as Visual Studio, Unity, Eclipse
o Basic understanding of Web servers like IIS, wr.t configuration, deployment, etc. is a definite plus.
o Good understanding of the concepts of Operating Systems and networking is required
o MCP Certified in at least one of the Microsoft Programming Technologies is an added advantage
Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
o Three or more years in software development, consulting or support with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Client, Server and Development products and technologies.
o Deep understanding of application lifecycle and agile development principals including but not limited to:
o .Net Framework, ASP.NET, ASP.NET CORE, MVC, WCF, Web Services, Signal-R, Azure BOT Framework, VB.NET and Webservers (IIS).
o Expertise in at least – C#, ASP, VB6, RDBMS
o Industry programming experience in building Windows or Internet applications
We are looking for candidates who have a growth mindset and strongly believe that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence. Also helpful is a strong technical background, experience, and knowledge in one or more of the technologies below:
Technical Expertise (Required in one or more of each area)
• Familiar with Web Application Development concept and deep understanding of HTTP request lifecycle.
• Experiences on popular Web application platforms and development Languages: eg, C#+ASP.NET/ASP.NET Core+IIS, Apache+JAVA, Node.js, Python, etc.
• Hands on development and troubleshooting experiences on the modern browsers: eg, Internet Explorer, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc, be aware of their differences and unique features.
• Knowledge on the concepts such as call stacks, threading, CPU allocation, synchronization, memory management, performance-related concepts and debugging.
• Good understanding of the standard networking protocols: HTTP, FTP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SSL.
• Strong knowledge of OOP concepts and experience with C#, JAVA, HTML5, .NET Framework and .NET Core development platform.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions.
• Knowledge and experiences of Cloud Technologies (Azure/AWS) would be a plus.
• Two or more years in software development, consulting or support with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Client, Server and Development products and technologies.
• Leveraging the various troubleshooting&debugging tools (E.g. Process Monitor, Process Explorer, Fiddler, Network Monitor, WireShark, windbg, etc.) to diagnose and address the complex issues.
• Excellent communication to have comfortable conversations with the customers : create clarity, make yourself understood, avoid the confusions and be confident under the pressure.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.