Distribution Sales Manager
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission. Responsibilities
The Device Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We build, market and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners, including OEMs, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to build devices that consume our cloud, innovate with device partners, and transform how we sell devices and services with partners.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners engage consumers, students, and businesses worldwide. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build, market and launch devices and solutions worldwide. You will also be part of a people-first culture leading with inclusion and values that supports a growth mindset, diversity, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
Your role is a key to Microsoft’s Device Partner Solution Sales (DPSS) Distribution and Channel strategy to build, market and accelerate sales of a winning portfolio of Windows devices, Microsoft products and services.
As a Partner Sales Executive – Distribution (PSE-D), you provide sales leadership working with Authorized OEM Distributors, Commercial Channel FPP & ESD Distributors and Channel Distributors, 3rd party IT vendors, and Resellers to ensure the assortment of curated Windows devices are aligned with Windows objectives, software and services, and the transition to Digital Distribution. You will provide operational support and expertise to drive and execute the Microsoft Strategy across these areas.
You also provide strategic leadership across business segments, working in close cooperation with Microsoft’s Business Groups, Multinational and Local device partners, and Distributors to market and sell an assortment of Windows devices and Microsoft products and services through our Commercial sales engines. You are able to engage with and influence partners at an executive level by demonstrating your knowledge via industry insights and experience.
As a Partner Sales Executive – Distribution, you represent Microsoft within the partner channel and communicate Microsoft’s strategy and vision; you are a trusted advisor to build a portfolio that drives a preference for Microsoft products, Windows devices, Internet of Things devices and New category devices and services to Microsoft Distributors and their sales channels. To ensure accountability, you drive measurable business performance across revenue, scorecard metrics, and channel health indicators.
Partner Relationship Management (10%):
- Develop deep business insights about Distributor strategy and business imperatives for devices, software and services: total addressable market, product and services portfolio, profitability of selling Windows devices and Microsoft products and services. Gain insights about Distributor’s relationship with Multi-National Accounts – Device Makers (HP, Lenovo, Dell) Local and other 3rd party device partners.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all levels of the Distributor organization to drive Windows device assortment and sell-through while increasing attach of Microsoft software and services.
- Establish and maintain Rhythm of Business across all levels to stay informed about partner strategy, business priorities, investments and execution: meet weekly with sales floor and Disti Champs, monthly with Sales Leads, quarterly with executives
- Act as an advocate for Distributor interests, goals and objectives in their engagements with Microsoft.
Account Management (30%):
- Lead account planning: all Distributors must have strategic, effective and actionable FY22 Account Plans to land FY22 DPSS priorities. Maintain deep knowledge about partner’s business, andhave the ability to identify and clearly articulate business opportunities and ways to pursue them.
- Build and maintain Quarterly Execution Plans focused on Revenue, RFY and Pro/Edu device sales: identify growth opportunities, set aspirational targets, build strong sales and marketing execution plan by utilizing all resources.
- Guide partners through Digital transformation by building Digital capabilities with a Challenger mindset: sharing ideas, perspectives, and building trusted advisory relationship.
- Drive Modern Pro/Edu PC coverage, GTM and sales through Distributors, win share/attach and transform transactional OEM Distribution into strong Device & Service Sales Distribution engine
- Understand the competitive landscape and lead the discussion on competitive challenges. Address and respond to competitive opportunities by working with Distributors to develop strategies and execution plans to promote the assortment of Windows devices to compete against other platforms.
- Identify, develop and execute strategies to increase the share of Microsoft devices sold through Distribution. Align with Multi-National Accounts, Local Device Partners and other 3rd party Device Partners to develop and execute joint plans to increase sales and market share of Windows devices and maximize attach of Office and Server products and services.
Operational Execution (40%):
- Drive scale and demand through Distribution with simplified programs, channel incentives and sales and marketing initiatives
- Grow Office 2019 revenue and weekly run rate by executing channel incentive programs and through Disti Marketing campaigns
- Lead Distributor readiness transition from in-person to Digital (DBTE, PDF, Channel Connect)
- Drive partner recruitment and activation efforts by executing the Sure Step framework (prepare, recruit, enable, activate) supported by Disti Champ investment and program
- Increase Reseller Frequency & prevent Dormancy by utilizing DOT sales scenarios, OSIS incentives and nested doll marketing communications
- Reboot Windows and Windows Server revenue by executing new ODR Sales Execution Framework
- Identify Digital Distribution opportunities and accelerate transition to Digital by increasing Electronic Software Distribution/Delivery (ESD) sales thru the channel
Partner Business Model Transformation (20%)
- Generate compelling opportunities for Distributors with a focus on the value Microsoft products and Windows Devices can bring to Microsoft partners: Device-as-a-Service, IoT repeatable solutions, Teams meeting rooms and other new categories.
- Accelerate transformation to Cloud & Hybrid, encourage and support Distributors to build and scale DaaS offerings at Distribution/Reseller & increase attach of Azure and M365 Business Standard
- Embody our culture and values
- 10+ years partner management, sales, business development, platform ecosystem/network, or partner channel development in the technology industry
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Enginering or related field AND 8+ year(s) partner management, sales, business development, platform ecosystem/network, or partner channel development in the technology industry
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ year(s) experience with planning, budgeting, and other project management activities.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden