Enterprise Digital Cloud Solution Architect, Azure Data and AI
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Insides Sales organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
The Enterprise Digital Cloud Solution Architect, Azure Data & AI role is focused on working with Microsoft’s account teams to identify and drive opportunities in targeted workloads. The key goal of this role is to increase incremental sales volume of Microsoft Data & AI solutions, through the generation of new opportunities that result in additional customer revenue. As a Enterprise Digital Cloud Solution Architect, you will work closely with Sellers and Partners to plan and execute account coverage and campaign strategies to unlock new sales opportunities. The role is adept at understanding the needs and process pains of customers to identify opportunities where Microsoft solutions can add long-term value. You will have the exciting opportunity to be responsible for serving as the cloud computing subject matter expert for customers, fostering a positive and collaborative experience for prospects to evaluate, engage with and implement Microsoft products and partner solutions. Responsibilities
Scale Customer Engagements
- Proactively engages with and reaches out to customer technical decision makers and influencers proactively and independently. Utilizes information on customer business, industry, needs, competitive landscape and key priorities to support customer's digital transformation, challenge them when necessary, and position the customer to deliver architectures. Keeps up to date with customer information, industry and market trends, and compliance regulations.
- Uses knowledge of customer context, cross-solution or portfolio expertise, and deep technical and market/industry knowledge to build credibility with customers individually or at scale.
- Leads and ensures technical wins for core and adjacent technologies by leading technical discussions with customers and establishing rules of engagement (e.g., role boundaries, handoff strategies) for extended teams, leveraging knowledge of processes (e.g., Managed Service Provider [MSP], co-sell Partners), tools, and programs (e.g., FastTrack, End Customer Investment Funds [ECIFs]). Searches for customer references to use in engagements.
- Leverages knowledge of resources (e.g., roles, Microsoft Technology Center [MTC], demo sites, virtual sites) with limited managerial support and proactively engages product and support teams (e.g., engineering) to remediate blockers by conveying impact.
Scale Through Partners
- Engages in partner sell-with scenarios by acting as liaison between the partner and team and shares visibility on partner resources and processes.
- Captures core competitive knowledge across solution areas and delivers back to product and engineering teams to enhance team capabilities and develop compete strategies.
- Applies and customizes existing demonstration assets. Demonstrates and oversees demonstrations (e.g., Architectural Design Sessions [ADSs], Proof of Concept [POC] sessions) of solutions based on multiple Microsoft products through initial engagements. Leverages partner/customer teams as needed to prove capabilities and integration into customer environment. Reviews partner demonstrations and provides feedback to ensure alignment with Microsoft standards.
- Monitors and analyzes action plans to promote customer usage of key/prioritized Microsoft solutions/products that support customer’s business outcomes. Identifies opportunities to promote usage.
Architecture Design and Deployment
- Receives and synthesizes data about customer/partner business and technical requirements, addresses them with technical architecture(s), and demonstrates and proves the capability and value of those solutions through design collaboration sessions with the customer/partner.
- Drives pilots, proof of concept (POC), and value (e.g., optimizing solutions and costs) for multiple technical solutions across technology areas to prove the proposed architecture design. Moves the customer forward from pilots to productive deployments by rooting pilots in business impact.
- Leads customer/partner projects that implement technical architecture(s). Provides thought leadership for technical architecture design, development, and deployment and supports the customer/partner throughout pre-sales and/or implementation.
- Identifies, escalates, and works to resolve technical blockers (e.g., changing configurations, sample coding) to accelerate architecture implementations, and routes non-technical issues for removal by appropriate party.
- Adapts methodology and applies governance to identify, communicate, and/or minimize business and/or technical risks, defines customer/partner conditions of success, adheres to quality assurance, and calculates risks whilst designing and/or delivering solutions.
Driving Customer Success
- Builds customer timelines to identify and gain buy in on metrics in conjunction with partners to align with customer's digital transformation initiative and expand customer success coverage as a discipline. Establishes cadence for checking in and reporting on people, process, and technology progress.
- Acts as the Voice of the Customer (VOC) by driving new feedback, blockers, insights, resource (e.g., OneList, End Customer Investment Funds [ECIFs]) across territories so they can be added and prioritized. Represents the customer to product teams to shape products and services by providing insights across the territory.
- Identifies gaps and drives new workloads through communication of financial value to the customer, collaborating with sales team and driving new workloads. Builds on their network and industry experience to connect customers with ideas, people, and resources to new support customer opportunities. Cultivates the strategic image of Microsoft as a valued business partner that serves a wide range of customers/partners by aligning the vision for Microsoft cloud technologies with future industry needs. Creates a vision with business solution scenarios and partners/services that helps the customer meet their business goals and achieve their long-term corporate vision. Enables partners to a certain extent on projects to be a part of the client-side team.
- Drives new workloads jointly with sales team by leading demand generation and actively identifying new engagements. Holds peer teams accountable, and brings insights to drive success of Microsoft cloud solutions by taking ownership of milestones within engagements. Drives One Microsoft mindset.
- Builds their own readiness plan and proactively identifies learning gaps. Grows domain knowledge and practices expertise by communicating with customers, partners, and senior colleagues to expand knowledge of architecture.
- Shares ideas, insight, and strategic-technical input with team members using knowledge of Microsoft cloud solutions and their context in the competitive landscape. Provides thought leadership by acting as role model for the architect community and consistently sharing knowledge to increase the functional or technical skills and expertise of peers in ways that impact career goals and business outcomes.
- Monitors and responds to internal and external tech community posts, attends community calls, sessions, hackathons, etc., and acts as a mentor for their technology area. Contributes and participates in Customer Executive Briefing Center sessions. Shares best practices internally on community calls and drives recognition of Microsoft Cloud solutions through presentations and engagements with external audiences
- Conducts group training or one-to-many events (e.g., workshops, Webinars) to present and educate customers and colleagues on the capabilities and benefits across Microsoft solutions/products. Ensures customer cloud platform enablement by gaining buy in at the C-level for cloud platform readiness and orchestrating various resources within Microsoft, partner, and customer resources to get them on board with Microsoft's cloud platform environment readiness initiative.
- Embody our culture and values
- 5+ years Azure Data & AI technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR relevant certifications from Microsoft or competitive platforms AND 3+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Engineering, or related field AND 7+ years technical architect, consulting, design, and implementation, and/or sales experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience with cloud-based solution designs, migrations and management of technology.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden