Do you like working on technology problems which impact people on a global scale? Are you interested in creating brand new collaborative experiences by writing software for a rapidly evolving and expanding device ecosystem?
The OneDrive, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams Suzhou organization is a global development organization. We are an engineering center of excellence with a proven track-record of building enterprise-hardened, massively scalable, trustworthy services and products that delight customers. Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint Online are huge, fast-growing services with a passionate customer base, large developer ecosystem, and extensive partnerships across Azure and Microsoft 365.
Microsoft Teams product is the hub for teamwork, giving everyone in the team instant access to everything they need right in Microsoft 365. Microsoft Teams keeps all your content, tools, people, and conversations together in one place. It is the fastest growing product in Microsoft history and is growing even more rapidly given the urgent need for remote learning, communication and collaboration. As the world is challenged by isolation and social distancing protocols, individuals and organizations increasingly rely on digital means to connect to the world.
The IC3 Media Platform Teams is responsible for audio/video device access in calls made by the most important products in Realtime communication, including Teams and Skype, which account for millions of daily calls. We have an opening for a passionate and self-motivated program manager with strong technical background to contribute to our Android Platform and ecosystem support, focusing on performance to take full advantage of the hardware in one of the largest device ecosystems.
• As a senior member of our team, you will drive functional requirement and specifications for the underlying real time audio and video technologies and innovations used in Teams products taking advantage of hardware capabilities (e.g AI chip offloading). This position gives you a unique opportunity of working on state-of-the-art HW and SW video as well as collaborating with several other key communication technologies. It will also give you the opportunity to have cross company impact on the hardware ecosystem.
• Work with Microsoft researchers to bring in ML/AI innovations in areas such as computer vision to the millions of Teams users.
• Advocate for users, conveying day-to-day, strategic product leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the intersection between design, technology, content, and business goals.
• Figure out what our customer painpoints with our solution today are and determine what would drive positive experience.
• Contribute to the overall product strategy and roadmap, as well as stay in sync with end-user features and service infrastructure.
• Anticipate risks; assess, mitigate, and manage accordingly.
• Ability to work cross teams and take on complex systems and processes and drive simplification and improvements
• Degree in Computer Science, or related field
• Experience in Android/Windows multimedia applications; knowledge with Video coding/processing and graphics image processing
• Experience with Real-time Communications solutions a plus
• Experience with ML/AI and bringing to production is a plus
• Ability to analyze, problem solve, and deliver initiatives from conception to completion
• Outstanding problem-solving skills and a passion to solve hard problems
• Ability to work with partner teams across organization boundaries
• Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience delivering results in an ambiguous and changing environment
• Experience in building a large-scale service.
• Demonstrate strong self-starter, time management and organizational skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.