We are the Weather and Finance team under WebXT (Web Experiences) organization (Edge, Search, Ads, Map and MSN). Our goal is to make consuming weather and financial information a daily habit for 1 billion users. As they begin their day, users will be delighted by the personalized, actionable weather and finance insights that are presented to them natively within their Windows, Office, and Browser experiences.
We are looking for talented data scientists with a strong enthusiasm for data mining, machine learning and deep learning on weather forecasting, covering precipitation nowcasting, daily forecast, etc.Responsibilities
- Data analysis and processing on weather data.
- Experiments on weather forecast machine learning models.
- Research & application of cutting-edge knowledge and models.
- ML modeling innovations on weather forecasting.
- Solid understanding of machine learning and deep learning algorithms.
- Good experience in Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.
- Be familiar with weather data.
- Good communication skills.
- Good rapid learning skills.
- Computer vision experience is a plus.
- Data competition experience is a plus.
- Big data and analytics skill is preferred.
- MS/PHD in computer science or atmosphere or related field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.