Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission. To learn more please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
The Device Partner Sales (DPS) plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We ignite Windows to empower the world & build and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners. This includes OEMs, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, strategic reseller, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to enable partners to deliver amazing innovative experiences powered by Windows.
The opportunities created in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners touch consumers, students, and businesses. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build and launch devices and solutions worldwide. You will also be part of a people-first culture that supports a growth mindset, equality, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
The regional sales teams within DPS, Device Partner Solution Sales (DPSS), mission is to maximize the intelligent edge and intelligent cloud opportunity with device builders and device channel partners.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
#MSFTGPS #MSFTDPSS Responsibilities
As Enterprises, Small Medium Business and Commercial Customers seek to optimize their IT infrastructure investments across On Premises and Cloud, Microsoft is the leading provider of business infrastructure solutions and the best-placed software vendor to drive modern on-prem server solutions and hybrid cloud solutions.
The Device Partner Solutions Sales Server PSE is a key role in the channel for our multi-country regions to build, market and accelerate sales of a winning portfolio of Windows Server devices, products and services. You will do this by leveraging your solution sales expertise to identify key channel partners for Windows server, and articulating and executing on sales and transformation opportunities together with the Partners and the Partner Account Managers.
As a Partner Sales Executive – Distribution (PSE-D), you provide sales leadership working with Authorized OEM Distributors, Commercial Channel FPP & ESD Distributors and Channel Distributors, 3rd party IT vendors, and Resellers to ensure the assortment of curated Windows server devices that are aligned with Windows objectives, software and services, and the transition to hybrid infrastructure.
You also provide strategic leadership for Windows Server, working in close cooperation with Microsoft’s Business Groups, Multinational and Local device partners, and Distributors to market and sell an assortment of Windows Server devices, products and services through our Commercial sales engines and co-sell motions. You are able to engage with and influence partners at an executive level by demonstrating your knowledge via industry insights and experience.
You will be able to identify opportunities for cloud transformation and lead the development of repeatable hybrid infrastructure solutiosn with our Channel Partners. You will enable scale through our co-sell motions and effectively identifying new on-prem and hybrid opportunities public, private sectors, industry verticals or solutions targeted at meeting their business requirements and leading to accelerate adoption.
50% focused on driving business development for Windows Server products:
- Drive partner training, sales enablement and business development activities to build up sales capability, and customer opportunity pipeline.
- Develop deep business insights about channel partner strategy and business imperatives for Windos server: total addressable market, product and services portfolio, profitability of Windows Server, partner ecosystem relationships.
- Drive scale and demand with channel partners in collaboration with the Partner Account Manager through execution of Microsoft programs, channel incentives and sales and marketing initiatives for server
- Act as a key consultant for partner account managers on account planning and strategy, identify and clearly articulate server and hybrid business opportunities and ways to pursue them
- Establish a solid rhythm of business with high priority server channel partners
- 20% spent with DPSS Partners / Internal stakeholders:
- Identify and surface new sales opportunities in partnership with the Category team, Channel Partner Account Managers and OEM Account managers aligned to their customer’s business strategy. Unlock hybrid and Datacenter opportunities to scale through Microsoft co-sell motions
- Identify opportunities to build repeatable hybrid infrastructure solutions, together with the Azure BG and GSMO stakeholders
- Develop customer reference stories to heighten deal qualification and accelerate close rates. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, targeted account lists to identify and engage prioritized customers.
- 20% spent on developing Challenger Sales techniques to bring ideas to customers, show how Windows Server can drive our customers’ businesses and convince customers to act now. You will achieve this by positioning DPSS Partners + Microsoft’s technical leadership to become a trusted advisor for partners. You will work with a team of Microsoft experts and partners to lead presentations, demonstrations and architecture design sessions with the objective of driving sales of Windows Server products.
- 10% of your time will be spent on investing in your own skills to remain top of your game. You will stay sharp, attaining and maintaining required certifications. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and leadership from every employee and we encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness.
- Embody our culture and values
- 5-7 years’ experience selling business infrastructure solutions in the IT distribution channel. Experience in establishing and managing business partnerships between Distributors, Industry Vendors and Resellers. Previous experience working in MNA Server teams on Enterprise projects preferred. Excellent grasp of business fundamentals, channel development, business planning and excellence in execution. Experience in multi-country / multi-cultural environments preferred
- Business Development. Skilled at developing and selling with and through partners to meet sales goals.
- Account Management. Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation required.
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required.
- Business Value. Able to utilize Microsoft and Partner sales tools to demonstrate customer value of Windows Server and sell solutions. Strong IT knowledge (Devices, cloud solutions and competitive environment) and understanding of IT distribution and reseller channel business model including economics and profitability of devices + services
- Able to proactively identify joint sales opportunities with partners and identify partners who are capable of driving Microsoft’s transformational agenda. Able to build a concrete plan and engage relevant stakeholders to execute on identified opportunities.
- Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence. Able to orchestrate resellers, MNAs and internal stakeholders.
- Good overview and experience selling of Windows Server capabilities, including deployment, administration and configuration, as well as specific product features such as virtualization through Hyper-V, Windows Admin Center, and Active Directory. Knowledge of typical deployment scenarios in Windows server e.g., network infrastructure, high availability / failover and storage.
- Good knowledge and experience selling hybrid deployment scenarios e.g., Cloud Witness, File Sync and Apps Streaming server.
- Technical Dialog. Lead technical sessions making use of whiteboards or other resources to drive solution discussions leveraging published solution architectures for common infrastructure implementations required
- Technical Demonstration. Ability to demonstrate Windows Server solutions leveraging pre-packaged demo environments and live demos showcasing relevant Windows Server technology. Able to integrate cloud services into a hybrid solution.
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and cloud and datacenter infrastructure competitor landscape including AWS / GCP, Linux, VMWare and Nutanix
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- 5+ years partner management, sales, business development, platform ecosystem/network, or partner channel development in the technology industry
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Enginering or related field AND 2+ year(s) partner management, sales, business development, platform ecosystem/network, or partner channel development in the technology industry
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Business Administration AND 5+ years partner management, sales, business development, platform ecosystem/network, or partner channel development in the technology industry
- OR equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.