Microsoft’s mission is to ‘empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more’. At studio+91 at the India Development Centre (MSIDC), we work together across a multitude of disciplines: design, research and design engineering, to empower people all over the planet. Our diverse teams are constantly iterating, solving problems and collaborating with product managers, engineers to craft meaningful and relevant product experiences.
We are looking for a Principal Design Manager to build and lead a design team for the Security Compliance and Management team, building experiences for our consumer facing products that would embody customer-focused design and exude quality and craftsmanship. Through user empathy, systems thinking, and mature design craftsmanship and problem solving skills, this design leader would bring unity and clarity to customer journeys, building product ecosystems that are productive, delightful and scalable.
This design leader would also be proficient in product development cycles, would bring user-cantered design processes to bear, and would have a diverse and extensive portfolio. We will look to this person to articulate a strong design point of view, inspire a team, and resolve the best course of action in partnership with User Research, Product Management and Engineering
• Portfolio showcasing your proficiency in translating research insights into great product
experiences, reflecting the synthesis of good visual and interaction design principles.
• A strong portfolio is critical for this role, both in terms of demonstrating your experience
and as an example of your ability to create a compelling design presentation and be
indicative of problem solving, creative thinking and the delivery of solid end to end
• 4+ years of experience shipping products in a product/software environment
• Passion for design and a strong command of interaction and visual design capabilities
• Proven experience in creatively solving hard problems, driving complex design issues across
multidisciplinary groups such as engineering, product management, research and marketing; and
shipping relevant experiences within deadlines.
• User-centric approach to design and an understanding of how to apply research insights into
design and development of the product experience.
• Excellent storytelling skills to generate empathy, craft a vision, design for impact, using written
and verbal communication, presentation, and organizational skills
• Expertise with Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, and related tools
• Experience with prototyping tools (InVision, Flinto, Framer, Processing, Unity, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.