Principal Program Manager
Companies collectively own Exabytes of data across hundreds of billions of streams, files, tables, reports, spreadsheets, VMs, Notebooks, and so on. Yet customers can’t answer basic questions like, what data do they have? What’s in that data? Can they trust the data assets enough to build their business on them? Are the Data Assets being used in ways that comply with both legal and corporate policies?Azure Purview’s job is to answer these questions for customers by building a Software as a Service infrastructure to:
- Automatically scan and categorize all forms of data everywhere they live, from on-premises, to Azure, to other clouds to Software as a Service platforms,
- Enable customers to define the data policies they need to meet corporate and government compliance requirements and then enforce those policies on the customer's behalf and
- Make all this data discoverable and re-usable at scale.
From AI to distributed systems, Azure Purview is using cutting edge technologies to make corporate data useful and safe. If you are looking to join a fast-growing group with huge opportunities, then this is the job for you! Responsibilities
We are looking for a Principal Program Manager to help drive Azure Purview team. As an individual contributor PM on the team, your job will include:
- Defining the vision for your product area and successfully turning that vision into reality
- Working directly with customers to fully understand their requirements and use that understanding to drive the product
- Work with customers, partners, and the engineering team to define and deliver impactful User Experiences
- Drive user research, telemetry, and A/B testing to provide best in class data-driven insights in collaboration with the design team
- Work with Customers and UX designers to design experiences that are both highly effective and aesthetically pleasing.
- Drive improvements in data classification including AI and ML based classifiers.
- Deep diving into core technologies ranging from AI to search to HDFS to Spark to SQL and beyond to understand what's possible and help lead us into pushing the boundaries of the state of the art.
- Becoming a subject matter expert on corporate/government privacy and security
- compliance needs
- Working directly with internal and external groups that need to integrate with the governance infrastructure, and
- Drive Azure Purview’s product requirements and priorities in partnership with the PM and Development teams.
- BS or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience as a Program Manager
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills
- Previous experience as a product developer is a strong plus.
- Proven track record of:
- working successfully with large multi-national corporate customers, developing relationships, and using customer empathy to understand and capture the customer's requirements,
- quickly come up to speed on a variety of technologies and using that knowledge to drive product requirements/direction,
- working with developers and technology partners to drive product deliverables.
- defining the vision and then successfully delivering major components of successful cloud services.
- Great curiosity and willingness to question
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner.
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems.
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden