Digital Cloud Solution Architect, Azure - Data & AI - United Kingdom (English)
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. Located in a Digital Sales center, you will work closely with our Demand Response Cloud Acquisition team in serving our large enterprise and corporate managed customers to identify their needs and opportunities.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
The Cloud Solution Architect team consists of highly capable individuals that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. As a Digital Cloud Solutions Architect, your primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers, partners and your account team to understand the business’s needs, and then prove and design customer business solutions that leverage the Microsoft Cloud for Business with a focus on Microsoft Azure. You will own technical and solution envisioning with customers via Microsoft Teams engagements including demos, custom demos, solution designs, implementation plans and proof of concepts. Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist customers clarifying technical questions, allowing them to make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT Solutions based on Microsoft online services and solutions.
- You will be the subject matter expert on your local sales team leading technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, production ready pilots for the Microsoft Data & Artificial Intelligence solutions, with a focus on customer acquisition efforts at the top of the funnel and potentially new to our cloud technologies.
- You will own winning the technical decision for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and delivering proof and secure their agreement that our solutions meet the success criteria for their decision to adopt the Microsoft Data & AI Platform
- Understand customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates. You are expected to use these relationships to represent them internally to Business, Product & Engineering teams (Voice of Customer).
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on Azure Data & AI Solutions
- Be an Azure Managed Databases & Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities, including creating awareness of customer Azure skilling options.
- Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for Customer Acquisition, Azure Consumption Revenue (ACR) and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required. 4-year degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field desired
- Related experience in technical pre and post sales and/or technical consulting/architecture
- Azure Data Engineer Certified or Azure Database Administrator Certified or prepared to attain certification within 3 months
- Broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architecture for data platform and analytics
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions required:
- SQL including OSS (postgre, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau
- Data Governance
- Data Science
- Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server
- Artificial Intelligence including BOT framework, Cognitive Services
- Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
- Drives decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, and successful customer projects.
- Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, senior executives, industry decision makers and or boards
- Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden