Lead Silicon CPU Architect
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface team is lighting up Microsoft experiences with the next generation of devices. A fundamental part of our strategy is bringing productivity and mobility together through devices that enable new experiences – helping people and organizations unlock their creativity, passion, and potential. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between silicon, hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
The Surface Silicon Architecture team is currently recruiting a Lead Silicon CPU Architect with a passion for delivering high quality experiences. The Silicon Architecture organization is charged with defining the features and capabilities of SoC used on Surface devices. We are responsible for:
- Driving and co-engineering silicon features that provide clear user experiences differentiation and emotional connection to Windows ecosystem as showcased by Surface platforms.
- Strategically develop and incorporate IP (SW/HW) that enables meaningful experiences that are unique or significantly better.
As Lead CPU Architect in our team, you will be responsible to provide detailed requirements, innovate on capabilities and experiences seeking improving CPU power/performance and battery life while enabling unique experiences by working with Windows OS, 1st party applications and SW vendors. This role requires detail orientation and affinity to enable efficiencies in process and methodologies from early interaction to our silicon through guiding and engineering organization from experiences to the final product release. You in collaboration with the rest of the team will work with system engineers in specifying the SoC needs delivering high power/performance solutions.
- Determination of requirements in a range of CPU capabilities including but not limited to ISA, IPC, Performance/Power, Cache architecture, memory requirements, thermal limitations, process implications
- Complete IP performance studies, latency, bandwidth, power and thermal
- Responsible for IP/SoC tuning strategy based on knowledge of industry capability and opportunities for IP tuning methods
- Responsible for evaluating and defining IP goals and architecture that enable devices experience expectations
- Contribute to the selection of IP that meet devices product expectation and experiences
- Understands SoC architecture and contribute to decisions based on IP capabilities, functionality, and value
- Eight or more years of experience with CPU architecture and design for client computing, power/performance trade-off, tuning methods and SW components interactions as related to CPU IP and subsystems
- HW design experience with SoCs, CPU architectures and related functionality
- Experienced on CPU architecture and micro-architecture concepts
- Expertise in multiple CPU areas ISA development, micro-architecture, fabric, others
- Knowledgeable on system architecture for one or more client, mobile, automotive, gaming or server platforms
- Expertise on power and performance trade-off
- Understanding of super-scaler designs and implications for performance
- Understanding of memory bandwidth and latency implications for performance/power
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a high paced product development environment
- Willing to travel internationally up to 10%
- Capable to manage great level of ambiguity and minimal direction to extract relevant goals while driving to completion
- Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field AND 4+ years of technical engineering experience
- OR Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years of technical engineering experience
- OR Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years of technical engineering experience
- OR 10+ years of technical engineering experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden