Senior Python ERP engineer
At Emesa we're tackling the fast & exciting world of high-volume realtime auctions. We have ambitions to continue our international expansion and punch above our weight on the eCommerce scene. And for this we need a pragmatic & experienced engineer to join our Core ERP team and help us drive these plans. How to do this, you ask? Odoo ERP is our tool of choice when it comes to Purchasing/ Accounting/ Sales/ CRM/ Stock Management & Finance Automation. Our auction model is a challenge for most financial systems to scale and cope with the high volume of mutations - and that’s where you come into play. You'll have to be thinking outside the box, be eager to understand complex business processes and automate them. And when we inevitably run into bottlenecks or scaling issues, design well engineered solutions to address them. If you like a good challenge, then keep on reading.
Core ERP tech stack: Odoo ERP, Python, PostgreSQL, Flask, DynamoDB, LXD, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.
What are you bringing?
- Significant experience working with Python.
- Experience working with Odoo ERP system is a big plus.
- Attention to detail and desire to understand complex business processes and automate them.
- Strong desire to improve the status quo, to achieve results and to make an impact for your internal/external customers as well as for your colleagues. You own the code and the technical solution, and this is normal for you.
- Familiarity with best practices & common design patterns (DDD, OOD, SOLID, YAGNI, KISS, DRY, etc).
- Solid understanding of RDBMs (PostrgreSQL or MySQL) as well as NoSQL databases (eg DynamoDB).
- Working on financial/accounting tools or having a financial background are an advantage.
- Experience or eagerness to learn and work with Kafka event bus as well as APIs (REST, RPC, GraphQL).
- People management skills are a plus.
- Conviction that tested code is better code - and that tests are not just an afterthought or an impediment..
What are we bringing?
- Solid compensation, pension contributions & 24 days of vacation
- A great company culture where people are encouraged to speak their mind, strict no blame policy, "you build it, you own it" mentality. In general we strive to create a very safe, fair and warm environment. And we expect you to contribute to this (lach)
- International environment with 20 nationalities in the Product & Tech department. We speak English when we don’t use GIFs to make a point
- A place to grow your career to the next level: we support and encourage everybody to take the lead, go outside the comfort zone and try new things
- Hackathons / Workshops/ Tech Demos / periodic feedback sessions / periodic employee surveys - all in the pursuit of better collaboration and continuous improvement
- Regular celebrations and parties(hosted online during Covid-19 restrictions)
- Weekly Bootcamps, Yoga classes. Friday afternoon drinks
- Your choice of MacBook Pro or a HP Elitebook. Freedom to run any OS you prefer
Our Tech Stack
- Our Tech Radar - where we are and where we're going - https://radar.emesa.nl/radar.html
- Programming languages: PHP, Python, Typescript
- DB & Data: MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS, Airflow
- DevOps toolset: GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, LXD
- Infrastructure: AWS & OnPrem
- Automation: Robot Framework, Selenium, SonarQube, Browserstack
- Monitoring: NewRelic, Grafana, ELK, Sentry
- Communication/ Collaboration: Atlassian (JIRA), Slack, Office 365/ MS teams
“Emesa?” - we are the driving force behind the high traffic and real time auction labels VakantieVeilingen and Vavabid. With a rating of 4.4 stars on Trustpilot out of > 29.000 reviews, you can be sure that we're really doing something well for our customers. The deal platform Actievandedag is our other product, a popular choice with the Dutch and Belgian market. Since 2018 we're part of Talpa Network, one of the biggest and most diverse media-tech groups of the Netherlands. As such, Emesa belongs to a select group of companies that reach the Dutch crowd with innovative and entertaining content every day.
With APIs totaling hundreds of millions of calls/month, websites handling tenths of millions of page views, mobile applications installed on millions of devices and technical challenges brought by the auction model & international scale e-commerce, we need your help to thrive.
Are you interested?
Would you like to join our team? Please apply online via the button below. For more information check the Emesa company website and our labels Vakantieveilingen.nl, Vakantieveilingen.be, Actievandedag.nl, Actievandedag.be, Vavabid.be, Aladoo.deand Slajeslag
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden