Product Developer Amsterdam
We are looking for a Product Developer for an international fashion & lifestyle brand. As the Product Developer, you will be working on developing products from design sketches all the way to the final product. You will mainly be working on products for the Jeans division. Please note, the deadline to apply is Thursday August 5th at 18:00.
The Jeans division works on both men's and women's products and all products will be developed by the division's goals and standards. The end goal is the total development of a collection in collaboration with the design team that is feasible and hitting margins.
- Directly reporting to the Manager Sourcing & Production and communicating with Buying, Design, Merchandising and Buying & Planning;
- Working on the development of the main collection across all apparel product categories;
- Advising the Design team on technical possibilities and limitations;
- Working with the buying offices, factories, and suppliers to control the samples status and style changes;
- Following up on deadlines for proto samples, SMS and bulk production;
- Communicating all changes on styles to the buying offices & direct vendors;
- Coordinating and ensuring that all the systems (Excel and PLM) are updated and matching as per internal information;
- Taking initiative in always improving the products quality and fit;
- Negotiating pricing on materials.
Skills & Requirements:
- At least 5+ years of working experience in development, sourcing, and/or production, preferably experience with jeans products;
- Team player that works well under pressure and deadlines;
- All-round knowledge of all product groups, preferably knowledge on jeans products;
- Expertise of garment specifications, fabrics, fitting and patterns;
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- Fluency in English required;
- Passion for fashion and for continuously innovating and creating better products.
What you can expect from our client:
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through their very own University;
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality;
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule;
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon the return to the office.
Over de werkgever
The European head office of this international fashion & lifestyle brand is based in Amsterdam. The company's style is classic American with a twist. Dynamic, international, and open-minded describes the company's culture at best.
Wat wij bieden
Are you interested in the position and do you have the required skills and experience? Please send us your CV with a short letter of motivation. For more information feel free to call us at 020-5738383.
Please note that we agreed with our client