Sr. Manager, BD and Clinical Studies
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Manager, Business Development EMEA
The Clinical Vertical within the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) is a cross-platform organization designed to accelerate GSD growth in the fast-growing molecular diagnostics sectors. The team is dedicated to working across all genetic analysis platforms with focus on various applied markets such as infectious disease, pharmacogenomics, public health and oncology.
The role of Senior Manager, Business Development EMEA will report to the EMEA Director, Business Development for the Clinical Vertical, and will be responsible for growth of clinical content in EMEA. You will drive adoption of our existing solutions in existing markets, evaluate new market opportunities and serve as a key liaison between product management and sales channels, with a focus on infectious disease, oncology and inherited disease. This includes collaborating with various stakeholders to assess, prioritize and facilitate the development of customer content solutions to solve for customers’ toughest challenges. This role can be based anywhere in Europe.
- Has strong knowledge of market, customer segments, workflows, channel and competition
- Brings the customer and our impact on them deeply into the organization
- Ability to take quick action and create outcome
- Courageous and risk-taking. Thinks outside the box, challenges the status-quo, recognizes opportunities, learns from set-backs and repeats
- Can influence and drive change without direct authority in large matrix organization
- Adept at identifying new opportunities/markets and cultivating strategic partnerships
- Ability to leverage product management, marketing & sales to create/provide solutions to customers
- Expert at finding new customers; And driving more value from current ones
- Strong ability to pitch/seed products and solutions
As a Senior Manager within the Clinical Vertical, the individual will serve as a liaison between regional sales, regional marketing and global product development to:
- Define regional market trends and customer needs.
- Identify opportunities to provide content to customers
- Find new customers; Incubate products and solutions with early adopters
- Cultivate strategic partnerships. Help create winning proposals
- Execute Clinical Vertical initiatives across Oncology, Infectious and Inherited e.g. KoL development, collecting VOC, training, establishing centers of excellence etc.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Vertical Divisional team to develop global plans and go-to-market strategies in line with the Clinical Verticals overall business objectives
- Work closely with global regional marketing and commercial team to ensure strategic alignment and drive growth
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of all business development activities
- Execute consistently on plan targets. Success linked to revenue targets for Clinical Vertical. Performance measurement closely tied to revenue performance in Infectious, Inherited and Oncology.
- Business development, strategy, sales or marketing experience in the Life Science or Genetic Analysis. Strongly preferred:
- Familiarity with applied and clinical customers including Specialty Reference Labs, Academia, Medical Centers, Hospitals and Public Health Labs
- Market knowledge of Genetic Analysis, across multiple platforms e.g. CE/Sanger, qPCR, Microarray and NGS
- Understanding of the Clinical Market including Laboratory Developed Testing (LDT) and CE-IVD space
- Experience with capital equipment and consumables
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally in a large and complex organization
- Strong personal character coupled with an intense focus on the customer
- Broad business acumen and intellect, plus vital competencies essential to navigating complex and dynamic market conditions
- Decisive business leader who will thrive in a fast-paced business culture
- Demonstrated ability to identify commercial opportunities and aggressively execute tactics to capitalize on those opportunities
- Risk-taker who is willing and able to make dispassionate and objective decisions based on hard as well as soft data
- Excellent presentation and communications skills; ability to assimilate complex concepts and clearly articulate business value that inspire customers to action
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional and personal relationships with key partners and customers positively advancing the organizational objectives
- Experience and aptitude both managing and prioritizing multiple initiatives
- Advanced degree in genomics-related field; MBA preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime