Product Manager, Animal Health
Position Summary: Product Manager, Animal Health
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Product Manager, Animal Health, leads the product strategy for a portfolio of products that provide value-added growth for the Animal Health, segment of the Agribusiness vertical in the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Product Manager is responsible for the life-cycle management of a growing portfolio of new and on-market products, by acting as a liaison between sales, market development, R&D, Operations, and customer support.
Remotely based in North America or Western Europe.
What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Creates vision and strategy for a given product portfolio and then manage the product life cycle, including managing worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing.
- Analyze market trends, customer requirements, and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation.
- Responsible for revenue growth for the portfolio in conjunction with GMD (Global Market Development) Team as well as commercial teams.
- Develop business cases related to new product and business development initiatives.
- Lead new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition.
- Monitors product quality and availability.
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentations and a team-focused approach.
- Bachelor’s degree required (BA/BS) in life sciences or business, MBA or PhD a plus.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, including experience in production animal health/diagnostics or product management.
- Understanding of molecular and ELISA technologies required.
- Results oriented with track record of success in completing projects.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in product management including participating in market analysis, planning and new product development.
- Ability to prioritize and execute on key drivers for business growth.
- Ability to understand production animal diagnostics and communicate technical information.
- Experience in a highly matrixed organization is a plus with global experience a plus.
- Ability to travel globally approximately 20%.
- Must have proven ability to build relationships and guide teams which include representatives from multiple functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Program Management and Manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques with spoken and written proficiency in English is a must, additional language skills are a plus.
- Experience in financial modeling and market analysis.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Bachelor BA MBA PhD
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime