Scientist, Model Based Process Characterization (1 of 4)
Janssen Supply Group, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's family of companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Model Based Process Characterization position in pharmaceutical manufacturing. It can be located in Malvern, PA, Spring House PA, Titusville NJ, Cork Ireland, Schaffhausen Switzerland, Leiden Holland, Latina Italy,Geel Belgium or Beerse Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.Janssen Supply Group, LLC,is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Scientist, Model Based Process Characterization is a critical member of a team implementing new digital and model-based solutions. The team is changing the paradigm of how processes are described, characterized and qualified as part of our technology transfer transformation initiative.
In the new paradigm modeling is essential and drives reduced project timelines and increase overall assurance of quality. Patients and health care providers benefit from increased supply chain agility and flexibility.
- You will contribute to process model development working with a team of process specialists and analytical scientist. The team develops digital twins and data analytics descriptions of key pharmaceutical processes spanning biologics, small molecule drugs, vaccines, and cell therapies. External to the team you will collaborate with operations personnel, statisticians, and quality control professionals to verify and validate the models in pilot and commercial scale manufacturing. The models are detailed in technical documents and the modeling team helps regulatory colleagues in writing health authority submissions describing the overall approach and its implementation.
- Advanced degree such as MS plus 3 years’ experience or a PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Analytical Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, or similar quantitative scientific field is required.
Experience and Skills:
- Prior knowledge and experience with programming, data analysis and process modeling in tools such as Python, R, Matlab, Eigenvector, Unscrambler, SIMCA, Grams, etc. is required
- Mechanistic process modeling, unit operations modeling, chemo-metric modeling, multivariate analysis, biological pathway modeling is preferred.
- Modeling of chemical, pharmaceutical or like processes and use of advanced process sensor data such as spectral data is a plus.
- Knowledge of machine learning and statistical analysis is valuable.
- Familiarity in areas like biochemistry, cellular biology, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, and cellular proliferation methods and techniques is desired.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical process steps such as biologics manufacturing, vaccine manufacturing, small molecule organic synthesis, and oral solid dosage form manufacturing is a plus.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Persuasive, effective interpersonal skills are essential with an ability to work effectively across JnJ segments and functions at all levels of the organization. Should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You are able to build strong relationships and effectively use your influencing skills to drive outcomes.
- Motivated, self-starter that is able to work independently and with proven problem solving skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the location for where the position is based and not require sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Requires up to 25% domestic & international travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-1125 Trenton Harbourton RoadOther Locations
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Schaffhausen-Schaffhausen, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy-Lazio-Latina, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-South Holland-Leiden, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Geel, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork-CorkOrganization
JANSSEN SUPPLY GROUP, LLC (6046)Job Function
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist