Bacterial Vaccines Project lead
Leads/manages a discovery project under minimal supervision with defined business strategies and timelines. Leads a project core team consisting of members from the functional teams within Bacterial Vaccines.
- Manages a complex discovery project and ensures delivery of milestones.
- Contributes significantly to defining elements of regional, functional, or new product strategies for R&D.
Degree of Supervision/Degree of Autonomy
- Works under limited supervision with a high level of autonomy.
- Directs/leads project core teams to accomplish tasks and project objectives.
- Sets priorities aligned with departmental strategy
- Analyzes whether innovative/new approaches/collaborations are a good fit for the project.
- These can originate from the Tech Watch team or J&J Innovation (JJI)
- May have interactions with JJI on innovative/new approaches/companies that could be interesting for the project.
- Supports JJI in generating research contacts/agreements
Nature of Communication
- Ensures communication of project goals and priorities to the core team members.
- Explains and clarifies to influence or persuade others to accept new ideas, approaches, or concepts.
- Represents the communication line between the project core team and the project sponsor (Head Bacterial Vaccine Discovery and Early Development)
- Has interactions with line managersto plan resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Will have interactions with Finance and Planning to budget the project and track the budget vs actuals.
- Has interactions with Legal department concerning Intellectual Property to create/maintain a patent portfolio protecting the project intellectual property (IP).
- May have interactions with compound development team when the discovery project is connected to an existing asset (life cycle management).
- Communicates the project updates to the Bacterial Vaccines team by means of the bi-monthly reports and Bacterial Vaccines newsletters
Area of Responsibility
(Potential) Degree of Responsibility
Conceptualization / Creation and Execution of Ideas
Can lead BacVac Braintrust and Governance meetings
Attends in-house seminars and participates in scientific meetings as appropriate to support team goals.
Information Management and Communication
Drafting, executing and serving as lead on presentations. Peer reviewing manuscripts. Supporting with patent filings.
Reviewing results provided by core team members
Attend meetings with external (outside Janssen or outside of BacVac) partners either alone or supporting core team members towards project progression
Interact and align with project sponsor. Act as the buffer between the core team and the sponsor.
Defining Final Project Objectives (FPOs) and Key Deliverables (KDs) with the core team (can be according to FPX)
Compile budget information provided by core team members
Integrate timelines from all core team members
Set priorities for project work to ensure milestones are met
Track decisions, risks and mitigations
Collecting and reporting information from the core team (minutes, bimonthly reports etc)
Practise continuous improvement in processes and procedures
Key final deliverable
Prepare and register NME declaration documents
Initiate transfer to development team and support early development
*R: Responsible, A: Accountable, C: Consulted
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Qualifications
- Ph.D. on a bacteriology and immunology-related topic with experience in pharmaceutical industry is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt effectively to a constantly evolving organization issues, structures and dynamics
- Project leader certification is a strong plus
- Experience with managing budgets is required
- Influencing ability without line authority
- Good communication skills with different stakeholders (English and Dutch)
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, fast paced environment with and ability to establish strong relationships in a matrix environment/cross functional teams
- Excellent time management skills
- The following skills and competencies are required to be considered further: trusted, inclusive, integrity, independent, goal-oriented, sense of urgency, managing complexity and pro-active
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)Job Function
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist