Applications Scientist DualBeam
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
- Supporting and training customers after the sale and installation of the microscope. Customer training is primarily scheduled on-site on the customer's instrument, but the candidate will support in-house training in NanoPort Eindhoven as well.
- Authoring and maintaining supporting training material.
- Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, and giving in depth technical presentations.
- Providing continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and potential problems.
- Acting as a primary communication conduit to the factory by reporting engineering and production issues from the customer to Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Troubleshooting and reporting software and hardware issues and escalate as necessary.
- Providing feedback to engineering on system performance, features and problems.
- Providing technical support to SSD, R&D, Manufacturing, Customer Service and other departments as required.
- As the candidate skills evolve, the candidate may participate in product demonstrations, development of new techniques and applications, support to Thermo Fisher Scientific marketing, and assisting with technical and applications expertise in all phases of the sales cycle.
- Typically requires a University degree in Materials Science, Chemistry and or Physics; an advanced degree is preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in a relevant position within a research/commercial environment that involved hands-on experience utilizing DualBeam technology is critical. Knowledge and recent hands-on experience with DualBeam is required.
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse audience are essential to the success of this position.
- Excellent customer interfacing skills a must.
- Proven ability to interact with cross - functional and cross - cultural teams.
- Frequent traveling (up to 50%) and ability to travel both domestically and internationally, possession of a valid passport.
- In-depth knowledge of Electron and Ion Optics, TEM Lamella Preparation, Patterning, Scripting, Analytical Techniques (EDS, EBSD & SIMS), 3D Applications.
- Fluency in German would be highly beneficial.
- Experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific SEM/DualBeam/TEM Systems.
- Proven track record for training on complex scientific equipment.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime