Operations Engineer - Electrical Engineering and Electronics
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visitwww.thermofisher.com.
The Material and Structural Analysis Division (MSD) enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy and spectroscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 5500 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
The Organization Assignment
Division: Materials & Structural Analysis
Organization Unit: Operations Engineering
How will you make an impact?
In our facilities around the world ThermoFisher MSD builds world-class electron microscopes, constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our performance and efficiency. The MSD division is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
The Manufacturing Engineer is part of the Operations Engineering team in Eindhoven. Your task is to design, maintain, and optimize production processes and tooling. You’ll contribute to the four main production engineer drivers: decrease cycle time, decrease cost, increase efficiency, increase quality. You interact with internal and external parties to find and implement smart, reliable solutions in order to achieve operational excellence in processes and product quality.
What will you do?
- Support of Manufacturing Production in Cleanroom and ISO6 Accelerator Cleanroom, in the field of Electrotechnical and Electronic circuits.
- Supporting, managing, maintaining and developing Manufacturing Tooling as used in Manufacturing Cleanroom, provided Electrotechnical and Electronical in nature.
- Supporting technical documentation (TPD) and work instructions (WI’s), both regarding Production Systems and Electronic Manufacturing Tooling.
- Supporting and maintaining contacts at local, regional, national and international suppliers and manufacturers. Not only contacts required for Manufacturing Production optimization, but also for optimizing supplier internal processes and pending issues (e.g. by evaluating and auditing).
- Handling and processing of manufacturing product rejects in collaboration with suppliers and manufacturers, if needed.
- In the area of assembly, system testing and troubleshooting you give hands-on training to factory and service personnel.
How will you get there? (Education and experience):
- Education level, work experience: MBO+/ HBO Electrotechnics / Electronics.
- Work experience: 10 year minimal on similar functions, preferably in tooling / test environment (e.g. electronical / electromechanical systems and applications).
- Knowledge of and experience in PLC based tools and installations; hardware setup and programming languages. Evaluating, advising and testing of third-party supplied applications, however knowledge how to develop new designs is preferred.
- Have affinities with PC based test systems and implemented software applications.
- Electrotechnical installations in general, knowledge of required safety certifications.
- Experience and having affinity on High Tension circuits, in the field of evaluating and validation.
- Having affinities with manufacturing tooling, company internal applications.
- Having affinities with production test tooling (external) at suppliers, in the field of validation and requirements.
- Having affinities dealing with international electrotechnical certifying bodies, e.g. CSA, Ul, NTRL, NEN etc.
- Having affinities with the low volume, niche market environment.
- You have excellent English language skills (verbal and in writing). Speaking fluent Dutch is preferred due to extensive communication with regional suppliers and manufacturers.
- You have the creativity to innovate electrotechnical factory tooling.
- You have an independent attitude, self-managing.
- You practice a ‘Hands-On’ mentality; practical approach.
- You have a realistic and positive attitude in approaching issues.
- You have the ability to structure your work in a dynamic operational environment.
- You need a strong analytical mindset in coping with details that need structure.
- You possess good social and communication skills to work in teams or to train others.
- You display a pragmatic, proactive approach and build functional relationships with colleagues and external suppliers.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime