Applications Scientist - TEM - Materials Science
Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
The Applications Engineer Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) is part of a team of 8 other application specialists within our materials science customer domain responsible for providing technical expertise in support of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s European sales efforts at academic, government or any science related customer base. This customer focused position is ideal for an experienced technologist wanting to be involved with a dynamic team, demonstrating the strength of our technology, helping the customers to solve their characterization challenges and being a liaison between internal and external stakeholders. This role is working on top notch high end TEM and is exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas working together with the leading scientists and laboratories in the world.
- Perform high quality TEM product demonstrations, including the development of new techniques and applications for Thermo Fisher Scientific partners and customers.
- Customer support and applications training post sales cycle and after the instrument has been installed. Translate customer needs into workable solutions
- Providing technical product expertise assistance during all phases of the sales cycle.
- Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, giving in depth technical presentations, and assisting in applications development.
- Provide continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and potential problems while collaborating with marketing/development groups on future product developments.
- Act as a primary communication conduit to the manufacturing department by reporting engineering and production issues from customers to Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Troubleshoot and report software and hardware issues and escalate as necessary.
- Provide feedback to engineering on system performance, features and problems.
- Recommend and advise on direction for potential applications consistent with customer requirements and technical feasibility.
- Provide technical support to our Sales team, R&D, Manufacturing, Customer Service and other departments as required.
- Typically requires a PhD in a scientific discipline, preferably Materials Science.
- Hands-on experience in tuning and using Image and Probe corrected TEMs.
- Knowledge of advanced technology and diagnostics as well as operational optimization experience of analytical equipment; specifically electron/ion microscopes and various energy dispersive spectrometers or other analytical techniques required.
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse audience are essential to the success of this position.
- Excellent customer interfacing skills a must
- Proven ability to interact with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Frequent traveling (up to 50%) and ability to travel both domestically internationally, possession of a valid passport.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime