That we’ll give you the opportunity to put all your skills to work at the very core of Rabobank’s business? As a Senior ALM Risk Manager, you can make a difference by analysing the bank’s risk position with respect to interest rate and liquidity. Through these analyses you will advise senior risk management in strategic decision-making, thereby safeguarding Rabobank’s position as a rock-solid bank. You are surrounded by a diverse team of achieved professionals who create an open and fun atmosphere, stimulating both your professional and personal growth.
Making a difference
- ALM is at the core of our bank. You will work on areas that are deeply integrated in our business model, involving pricing, hedging and funding, covering both interest rate and liquidity risk. Your work has an important role in the bank’s strategic decision-making, and as such impacts the whole balance sheet and millions of customers.
- As an ALM Risk Manager working at ALM Risk, you draft independent risk opinions, support the 2nd line model owner function for ALM, and perform risk calculation controlling. This includes for example being involved in the conceptual discussions regarding model development, setting model requirements for the modelling squads and making sure models are fit for purpose from a risk management perspective. You are able to assess the model risks involved with the models that capture client behaviour, on areas like prepayment and non-maturity deposits. This requires thorough understanding of the banking products involved, and the role these models play for the risk position of Rabobank as a whole, taking into account market and balance sheet developments.
- You will support decision making with thorough analyses, and account for your work through comprehensive documentation and clear communication. You advise senior management and the relevant committees like RMC Treasury and ALCO from a risk management perspective.
- In multidisciplinary projects, you will interact with a broad field of stakeholders inside and outside your department (e.g. treasury, business and finance).
- As a senior, you will be making key decisions with minimum input and explaining complex matter in a clear way to higher management, making sure a comprehensive picture is being presented.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our ALM Risk team brings talented people together to safeguard Rabobank’s position and to bring our ALM landscape into the future. With you as a Senior ALM Risk Manager, the team will consist of 25 colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Willem Verberne, Senior ALM Risk Manager: “We are an experienced team from an ALM risk perspective with complementary knowledge on different ALM related topics. We work closely together to reach our challenging team and departmental goals. We do all this in a great and informal atmosphere.”
Peter van de Ven, Senior ALM Risk Manager: “Personally, I enjoy having the possibility to work on a diverse range of different topics, and being directly involved with the heart of the bank. We do this in a great team, in which we all support each other in reaching our team’s goals.”
If we were to ask your friends to describe you in a few key words, the answer would be: collaborative, customer-focused, being a team player and a proactive attitude. For the position of Senior ALM Risk Manager, you also have:
- A Master’s degree in economics, finance or quantitative field (econometrics, mathematics, physics or similar);
- At least five years' experience in a ALM risk management, treasury or related areas, with deep understanding of a bank’s balance sheets and products;
- Experience with ALM models and the role these models play in the ALM landscape;
- Strong analytical skills, enabling you to analyse complex content and to understand the consequences for the bank’s risk position as a whole;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, allowing you to translate complex matters into comprehensible information for higher management and business users;
- Skills enabling you to manage different stakeholders.
Growing a better world together
Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we are also working to make the world a better place? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labour market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society.
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organisations that are a second home to many people.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36 or 40-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between € 4,426 and € 7,608.
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out.
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- flexible working times and location-independent working.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Senior ALM Risk Manager and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Franciska Gradzikiewicz, Corporate Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Franciska.Gradzikiewicz@rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden