Partner Technology Strategist
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Partner Technology Strategist creates partners’ technology and business roadmaps and technical enablement plans to outline the partners’ digital transformation journey and align with Microsoft’s technology priorities. Ensures partner capability to bring new solutions to market that drive both partner growth and Microsoft revenues and orchestrates projects/programs according to partner plan. Acts as a trusted advisor to key decision makers by learning about the partner organization, advising on solutions, and positioning Microsoft offerings. Generates business insights to inform strategic planning and leverages teams in gathering insights to address client business challenges. Drives execution of technology adoption and digital transformation strategy to build partner capability, drive technology consumption, and ensure client satisfaction. Responsibilities
Partner and Industry Insights
- Generates business insights based on engagement experience and proactive collaboration with the partner, internal teams, and industry, to conduct forecasting and develop recommendations for managing accounts and subsidiary planning. Challenges partners to consider alternative business models to meet business and market needs, and adapts plans to insights.
- Orchestrates teams to gather information, collaborate on performance markers, and identify potential risks in partner accounts. Brings in business and industry insights to address the broader business challenges for the partner and deliver solutions.
- Acts as the voice of the partner and internal advocate by providing insights, feedback, and challenges from the partner to internal teams (e.g., product groups, engineers).
- Supplements existing technical decision maker (TDM) and/or business decision maker (BDM) relationships with additional ones at the C- and direct-report level by researching organization charts, identifying and contacting TDMs/BDMs, and beginning to advise on solutions and position Microsoft offerings.
- Provides analysis of overall partner needs and advises on gaps that would benefit from Microsoft solutions, using an understanding of the business strategies and outcomes that technology can support; advises internal teams on how to identify and address gaps in order to drive end solutions.
- Ensures execution of technology strategy and/or digital transformation by identifying and resolving technical blockers that arise during strategy planning and implementation and driving technology adoption.
- Creates mid-term to long-term (e.g., 12 months plus) technical and business roadmaps for one or more accounts, outlining the digital transformation journey and core wins; drives and articulates business changes in the roadmaps around foundational, traditional capabilities. Builds technical engagement or enablement plan, captures baseline, and drives envisioning to support mid-term to long-term business plans.
Demand Generation and Orchestration
- Orchestrates internal teams to ensure sufficient technical resources for demands, from a limited pool of resources, when appropriate.
Differentiated Value Proposition
- Drives conversations with mid to large-sized partners that present the strategic relationship between Microsoft technologies, products, and services compared with the competitor's solution and the partner's overall business goals and objectives.
Education and Thought Leadership
- Uses existing and new readiness resources to support enablement plans for partner technology adoption at the national and regional level. Contributes to innovations to accelerate meeting goals for partner capacity, maximize reach and impact and drive long-term engagement and thought leadership on the Microsoft platform.
- Provides strategic input to virtual team members (e.g., Account Team) using a thorough knowledge of Microsoft technologies, partner accounts, and digital transformations and their context in the competitive landscape.
- Orchestrates execution and monitoring of projects/programs in accordance with partner plan to develop solution offerings and value realization across a variety of solution areas; sets timelines and milestones, and tracks progress toward objectives; builds industry knowledge and establishes technical credibility with partners to drive the project agenda.
- Helps the customer/partner to be successful with their solution implementations and digital transformations by helping to anticipate issues and how to address them. Identifies multipliers for technology adoption; ensures that solutions meet client needs while also optimizing the solutions to drive technology consumption.
- Secures commitment from critical or high-stakes partners to develop innovative and complex solutions using Microsoft technologies in collaboration with partner, and builds solutions into the partner ecosystem to enable partners to sell to end-customers.
- Helps partners build practices or solutions and shares their experience and influence with partners through solution-sales guidance; provides guidance to immediate team to ensure that technical pre-sales, deployment, and consumption are part of solution development efforts; anticipates partners' technical blockers and executes a plan to divert blockers before they have the potential to occur.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related field AND 4+ years technical consulting, technical consultative selling, product development, or related technical/sales experience
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related field AND 3+ years technical consulting, technical consultative selling, product development, or related technical/sales experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related field AND 8+ years technical consulting, technical consultative selling, product development, or related technical/sales experience
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related field AND 6+ years technical consulting, technical consultative selling, product development, or related technical/sales experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience with relevant technologies (e.g., cloud, infrastructure, Microsoft platform).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Bachelor Master Bachelor Master
Wat wij bieden