Engineering Manager Machine Learning
Engineering Manager Machine Learning
Are you an experienced engineering manager interested in driving innovative machine learning use cases to power our food delivery experience? Want to play a key role in building a company-wide machine learning platform? Then you could be the perfect fit!
Our story (the bitesize version)
Every week, millions of customers across 24 countries order the dishes they love with us. But the thing that really makes Just Eat Takeaway special isn’t food. It’s our people. From our innovative tech teams to communication experts, we’re always looking to attract the best global talent. The specific expertise and analysis that ensures we succeed in each country. That’s where you come in.
All about the role
As Manager with the Machine Learning Engineering portfolio you will be focussing on building and managing ML infrastructure that enables our data scientists to develop and launch machine learning applications throughout Just Eat Takeaway.com. This machine learning platform enables us to perform advanced analytics in a streamlined manner across the company. This will help drive better restaurant recommendations, more accurate delivery estimates, operational improvements, and other improved experiences for our customers, restaurants and couriers.
You will report into the Head of Data Science and work with other members in the leadership team of the Data Science organisation, which is part of the central Data & Analytics function.
In this varied role, we’re counting on you to:
- Manage and grow a team of machine learning engineers
- Design and build a reliable, secure and scalable machine learning platform to serve use cases across the company
- Identify business and technical requirements to define the platform roadmap, working with data science, product, and other technical teams
- Partner with stakeholders as a subject matter expert on ML technology at scale
- Ensure engineering delivery, quality and best practices of the team
- Implement agile software development principles, DevOps and MLOps practices to facilitate a bigger data science impact
- Build a strong community for all data scientists, data engineers, and machine learning engineers around the toolset and best practices
Can you deliver…
Here are the skills we need from our Manager:
- 6+ years of experience in software development preferably with Python, preferably in a machine learning related role
- 2+ years of managing a team of engineers in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Strong technical skills with the ability to get hands-on with your team if needed
- Track record of developing, releasing and maintaining software, leading a team to successfully develop and maintain reliable, secure and scalable applications
- Systems design skills, with the ability to review and define systems architecture
- Ability to design and architect APIs dealing with high traffic
- Experience in the cloud is preferred (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with large scale data processing tools (e.g. Spark), ML frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow), and workflow management tools (e.g. Airflow) commonly used for ML is a strong plus
Here is our offer
Your skills and our great rewards belong together. That means you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- A varied and impactful role with the opportunity to grow
- A dynamic, international workplace in Amsterdam
- Fantastic company and team events
- A pension plan in which we pay 60%
- 26 days of holiday per year
- Office amenities: Delicious tea & coffee, fresh fruit, our popular Friday drinks... and more
- A budget for ordering lunches and a working-from-home allowance
Ready to take on this exciting role? Click Apply Now to send us your CV!
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden