TECHNICAL CONSULTANT PAIN THERAPIES FOR THE NETHERLANDS, DUTCH
Careers that Change Lives
At Medtronic we are working to improve how healthcare addresses the needs of more people, in more ways and in more places around the world. As one company, we can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team!
Come join us and be part of our commitment to the health of others.
Pain Therapies is part of Medtronic’s Neuromodulation operating unit. We have a very obvious link with the Medtronic Mission ‘Alleviating Pain, Restoring Health, Extending Life’. Within Pain Therapies we take pride in improving the lives of thousands of people suffering from chronic pain every day.
A Day in the Life
As a Technical Consultant within the Pain Therapies team, you will maintain and develop strong relationships with customers in potentially all implanting centers in the Netherlands. You will do this by providing excellent clinical/technical support and education in collaboration with the sales force, in order to meet or exceed the targets and to enhance Medtronic’s reputation in the market, whilst ensuring optimum therapy outcomes for patients.
You will work closely with our Sales Representatives (SR) and Market Developers (MD) and you will support them in daily technical and commercial tasks.
There is a large technical component to the role, managing both customer and patient interactions with Medtronic devices. TC’s will provide technical support, perform trouble-shooting functions and resolve customer issues in accounts.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Ensure own product knowledge remains up to date for all current products. Assume the responsibility for self-directed learning as well as participating in classroom led training.
- Ensure own competitor knowledge remains up to date along with the ability to promote Medtronic products in line with clinician and service needs.
- Strive for successful patient outcomes through Medtronic Pain therapies.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for all technical matters specific to your customer’s needs, managing theatre and clinic sessions relating to trial, implantation and programming.
- Act as liaison between Medtronic, clinical and non-clinical customers in day to day activities including technical queries.
- Identify and deliver appropriate training at an account level. Deliver and participate as required at regional nurse training programs.
- Share market intelligence with management and colleagues.
- Assist SR and MD with forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts). Prepare reports on account status as required.
- Complete related administrative tasks.
- Healthcare or med-tech related experience with a commercial mindset
- Local language(s) and business English
- Strong oral and written language skills in Dutch and English
- Proven ability to work effectively with physicians and (specialised) nurses
- You have of the ability and willingness to teach and educate colleagues and customers
- Strong sense of responsibility, stress resistance and flexibility
- You are service-oriented team player concerned with helping people, both internally and externally
Skills & Competences:
- Ensures the customer is comfortable and confident to perform the procedure and is viewed as a trusted source of information to actively engages and coordinates pre-case planning with the procedure teams
- Demonstrates ability to successfully apply knowledge and educate customers on Medtronic offerings and programming skills required to support cases
- Able to troubleshoot difficult cases with confidence
- Proven ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) at all levels in an organization and with diverse groups
- Demonstrates strong core clinical competencies (recommended guidelines, disease state, anatomy, therapy area, current treatment methods, patient selection) and can read, understand and present clinical studies to external and internal customers.
- Leverages product benefit insights, product specification, marketing strategy and clinical evidence in interactions with customers within a competitiveenvironment.
- Knows and understands clinical evidence related to competitor products and is able to compare against Medtronic offerings & leverage Medtronic marketing campaign
- Actively supports sales reps and manages inventory and ensures availability of products for upcoming procedures, and timely manages billing and other related admintasks
- Actively engages and coordinates pre-case planning with the procedure teams, discusses treatment options and helps with device selection based on clinical evidences, access strategy etc. (activities depend on products carried and therefore not all are relevant)
- Appropriately usage of the CRM tools
- Qualifies opportunities that emerge during customer interactions (e.g., dissatisfaction with current products, availability of budget etc.)
- Demonstrates integrity and respect to peers and customers.
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge and experience in the field of chronic pain and/or Neuromodulation
- Knowledge of theatre etiquette and wider hospital policies relating to interaction with industry representatives
- Experience in clinical or technical interaction with healthcare professionals and patient
- Localized in the southern part of the country
In our 5th Tenet of our Mission we recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
Also a competitive package is of course part of that. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees:
- Flexible working environment;
- Annual Incentive Plan % depending on company results;
- Pension scheme and group discount on healthcare insurances
- Training possibilities via Cornerstone/Harvard Manage Monitor/GetAbstract
- Employee Assistance Program and Recognize! (our global recognition program)
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives.Help us shape the
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 86,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your own career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.
- Posting Date: Jul 8, 2021
- Travel: No
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist