Senior FATCA/CRS Compliance Officer – FCC Customer Tax Compliance Team
ING Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) is looking to hire a Senior FATCA/CRS Compliance Officer within the Customer Tax Compliance (CTC) team. It is a senior expert role with a strong focus on skills to take things on and make it happen. The position is located in Amsterdam, however due to Corona we are all working from home at the moment.
Your work environment
The CTC team is part of the FCC division within the Group Compliance department (2nd line of defence). The CTC team is responsible for international customer tax laws and regulations such as US Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), OECD Common Reporting Standard (CRS), US withholding tax and information reporting (including QI regime), and Mandatory Disclosure Rules (EU Directive DAC6).
The team works together based on each other’s knowledge and expertise, as well as the skill set needed to best perform the job. The team works with key internal stakeholders and offers an environment which provides a global overview of how the relevant CTC requirements and controls are embedded within the business. The environment also provides you with the opportunity to actively work on Compliance change initiatives and take responsibility/steer for CTC in those.
What you’ll do
- advise Management and Business Line/Local Compliance on FATCA/CRS related risks and requirements and keep them informed on developments in this area;
- advise and challenge the identification, documentation and assessment of the FATCA/CRS compliance risks associated with the bank’s activities;
- monitor to ensure that ING entities and ING employees are investigating, adequately mitigating and/or promptly remediating FATCA/CRS compliance issues identified;
- investigate and challenge the circumstances that give rise to threats and risks;
- keep abreast of and act on significant developments and/or changes in relevant laws, regulations and good business practices, and on significant internal developments which may have an impact on the FATCA/CRS risk profile of ING Bank;
- deepen organizational FATCA/CRS knowledge by providing training & awareness or contributing to the development thereof;
- maintain contact with various stakeholders (internal and external), work together with them to achieve the goal and give advice, seeking the right balance between the various interests whilst keeping the goal in mind; and
- contribute to/lead change (sub-)projects.
How to succeed
- understand the business and have strong professional knowledge of the FCC domain, the related processes, technology and developments in the field;
- are pragmatic and energetic;
- have a critical mindset;
- are flexible and can adapt to change;
- have natural authority and at the same time you inspire, motivate and help others to succeed;
- are people-focussed; connecting and interacting with others is something that comes naturally to you;
- are a good communicator verbally and in writing, being able to convey complex messages in a simple way;
- are an expert in stakeholder management;
- are confident, result driven and seek to find innovative and new creative solutions;
- adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
Experience & Skills
- University degree;
- > 10 years of proven experience in the (international) compliance / financial crime compliance domain, with expert knowledge of FATCA and CRS;
- In-depth knowledge of DAC6 is an advantage;
- Knowledge of banking business, processes, procedures and systems;
- Experience in non-financial risk management activities such as conducting risk (self) assessments, key control testing, working with risk frameworks, issue management, non-financial risk reporting is an advantage;
- Experience in strategic initiatives;
- Self-starting capabilities;
- Learning agility and innovative mindset;
- Ability to work across functional and geographic lines;
- Strong analytical and writing skills, and sound judgement;
- Excellent level of English (verbal/written);
- Recognise and manage organisational sensitivity; and
What we offer
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions;
- Full time position (36 h/week);
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24 vacation days based on a 36 hours contract;
- Public transport (NS Business Card – free travel in NL);
- Pension scheme;
- 13th month salary;
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary;
- 8% Holiday payment.
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist