Scientific Director Statistical Modeling and Methodology
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, a Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting a Scientific Director of Statistical Modeling and Methodology (SMM) in Europe. Possible work locations - Belgium, Netherlands, UK, France, Germany or Switzerland( no relocation support provided for Switzerland)
As Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working on our aim to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure diseases, inspires us. For this purpose, we bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
Janssen’s Statistical & Decisions Sciences (SDS) organization integrates Clinical Biostatistics, non-Clinical Biostatistics and Statistical Modeling & Methodology (SMM) in a single aligned organization as part of the Quantitative Sciences (QS) department within Janssen Research & Development. Our input into cross-disciplinary compound development teams enables implementation of innovative statistical designs & analysis principles across the R&D portfolio, to guide optimal decision-making at the earliest time point and in the most efficient manner.
Your tasks as Scientific Director of Statistical Modelling and Methodology include, among others:
- You will be impacting our program and portfolio development strategies:
- leading and supporting the broad implementation of innovative statistical modelling and methodology to improve quantitative decision making at program and portfolio levels.
- developing project specific innovative design, modelling and analysis methods and optimizing these via simulation studies
- ensuring proper understanding of the proposed designs, models and analysis methods within the project teams and supporting discussions with regulatory agencies.
- You will be influencing the scientific environment;
- maintaining external collaborations and interactions (via professional associations, participation in conferences, publications, etc.) to influence the external pharmaceutical industry and regulatory environment.
- You will grow and help others to grow by sharing your knowledge & experience:
- providing internal training on innovative designs and analysis methods to ensure adequate knowledge and awareness of these approaches across the R&D organization
- contributing to internal scientific initiatives to increase adoption of novel statistical methodology
- You have a Doctorate (Ph.D.) or equivalent in Biostatistics or related field
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in drug development and/or applied quantitative methods for decision making.
- Your scientific experience includes model-informed drug development, complex innovative designs and statistical methodology (including estimands), regulatory guidelines.
- Profound knowledge of adaptive study designs, multiplicity problems and/or causal inference in clinical trials is a plus
- You have significant familiarity with scientific programming of simulations in R or SAS.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, including non-technical presentation skills.
- You are open to share your experience as scientific leader with teams and in mentorship
- You can work well in a team. Having an open mind and respecting others is thus valuable.
- You have a passion to drive innovation and curiosity to explore unchartered methodological territories
Your future team & role
You will be joining an industry leading team of scientific experts, with very diverse academic backgrounds and experience. Each team member has demonstrated scientific leadership in specific areas of statistical methodology (e.g., causal inference, adaptive designs, Bayesian methods). Our daily ambition is to share and complement our experiences to design and conduct clinical trials which are optimized to address the research objectives, while bringing good & safe treatments and vaccines as soon as possible to the patients who are waiting. In your position, you will easily find “partners in crime” who will enjoy to “brain-tornado” with you on your design & methodology problems in your various projectsPrimary Location
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United KingdomOrganization
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)Job Function
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist