Looking for a new challenge as a Business Manager, preferably in a temporary role? This is the perfect opportunity to start as freelance COO within an international and dynamic organization!
Our client, a renowned player within the field of investment banker, is looking for a temporary Business Manager. In this role, you are responsible for the performing and documenting of the service risk assessments for internal and external services. You engage with stakeholders and collaborate across business management in order to provide the best possible servie within the field of debt financing, lending, risk management and trading solutions.
Other tasks include
You comply with the code and deliver against all relevant statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations
You adhere to confidential and inside Information handling requirements, including the "need to know" principle, at all times
You provide proactive identification and effective management and/or escalation of conduct risk to deliver key customer outcomes
You own, manage and supervise risks within the business area, ensuring mechanisms are in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate risk within defined risk appetite
You ensure risk practices and behaviours are consistent with the target risk culture where "risk is simply part of the way we work and think" and work collaboratively with others
You escalate any breaches, risks or weaknesses in line with policy.Arbeidsvoorwaarden
An incredible opportunity to further your career as COO with an ambitious and international company. And also:
The procedure will be structured as follows:
- A project-contract as a freelance professional, for (at least) 3-4 months
- The hourly rate is to be discussed, travel costs are compensated
- You won't be making weekly invoices... at Jefferson Wells, we'll do your administration (ok, the largest part of it) for you!
- Apply as soon as possible! We will give you a response ASAP. If we see a potential match, you will be invited for an interview via FaceTime or Teams.
- Still excited? I will send your profile to our client. If they want to meet up with you, we will schedule an appointment with them
- Do you want to work at our client's company and do they want you to take on this project? You will start as soon as possible!
Over de werkgever
Our client provides debt financing, lending, risk management and trading solutions products and services to EEA customers. It is globally renowned for its high quality services. In the Netherlands, the headquarters is based in Amsterdam. It is expected that the employees will return to the office slowly but certainly in the following months. The culture is highly professional and quality driven, with a clear focus on each individual's strenghts.
Obviously, you are passionate
about your career. Your ambition and drive are definitely characteristic! You learn quickly
and are definitely known as someone who is a self
. Your analytical skills
make sure you oversee complex matters easily and that you are ably to prioritize accoringly. Variety
is definitely what challenges you in your job, repetition is not what you are looking for. Your communicative
and stakeholdermanagement skills
make sure that you work well with all types of colleagues. Moreover, we expect you to have:
- Completed a relevant bachelor's or master's degree
- Extensive regulatory legal and compliance knowledge and experience -preferably so gained in a "hands on" role
- In depth knowledge of some of these: trading, debt capital markets, front office operating models, operations, risk management, clearing, collateral management, legal, compliance and finance/product control. Excellent understanding of technology and processes and activities through the value chain.
- Some understanding of technology, banking systems and processes, data flows and supporting activities through the value chain
- You are fluent in English. Fluency in Dutch and or/other languages is desirable
- Residency in the Netherlands and a valid working permit
- An open agenda for 32 - 40 hours a week starting on a short notice.