Public Sector and Healthcare organisations are continuing to transform. New technologies and advanced capabilities are enabling digital services, cross-agency collaboration, transformed clinical and care services and more. Microsoft is at the heart of this transformation, providing the technology that is helping to accelerate the delivery of these new services and experiences.
To support this growth and opportunity Microsoft Consulting Services is looking for an Executive-level Technology Leader with deep Public Sector and/or Healthcare industry experience.
Your significant experience involves leading Technology strategy and real world delivery of cloud based solutions (azure, AWS or GCP) at scale in either Healthcare, Public Sector or Defence Industries.
At Microsoft you will have the opportunity to architect and build the most innovative end to end solutions for our customers to help with their digital transformation and modernization agenda.
Your strategic perspective and ability to identify and act upon the patterns that exist across our customers, projects, people and Data are invaluable.
Support to the development of our Public Sector & Healthcare solution delivery capability are a key part of the role. You’ll have the opportunity to work with product engineering teams in this space to shape the future of our cloud based services.Responsibilities
As an industry leader, at Microsoft you’ll oversee technology architecture, planning and solution deployment as we help enterprise-scale customers in their digital evolution.
Some of the things you’ll be involved in:
• Build deep relationships with senior executives helping to build innovative cloud solutions in large, complex or highly strategic technology roadmaps
• Utilise exceptional consulting skills to present complex topics to both business executive and technical personnel
• Articulate business value that can be achieved through technology
• Lead Architecture teams in pre-sales from deal-shaping and solutioning through to contract for significant, Enterprise consulting engagements
• Drive decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with extraordinary verbal and written communication
• Facilitate customer design and awareness sessions that are focused on complex application solution architectures
• Harmonise architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms; including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers
• Utilise your experience across one or more of the leading cloud provider platforms (Azure, AWS, Google) during oversight of architectural strategy and implementation
• Manage the lifecycle of complex engagement delivery, leading a solution team from architecture and design to implementation.
10-20% business development
• Cross-Group collaboration to align the vision and MCS value proposition with Product Group, Engineering and Industry Teams
• Promote internally and externally Industry Solutions and business capabilities to Customers and Account teams
• Qualify with Sales teams new opportunities and engage early Industry discussions with customers
30-50% presales engagement
• Support Architects and Sales Team in defining the Business outcomes and business capabilities of an opportunity
• Bring solution Architecture knowledge to ensure alignment to customer business objectives
• Present Value proposition to CxO to secure large and complex opportunities
20-30% project engagement
• Review Solution Architect Quality insurance and alignment to expected business capabilities
• Define Solution Roadmap with customer to expand usage and additional uses cases
• Leverage Microsoft innovation and latest technologies to lead edge delivery
• Attend project steering committee
You may come from an enterprise customer, partner, system integrators, in the Public Sector, Defence or Healthcare space and may have played the following types of roles in these organizations:
- Senior Architect, Chief Architect, Principal Architect or CTO.
Above all, you have been working on transforming your own or your customers’ business through technology.
- BS/BA degree and/or significant track record of leading IT strategy and delivery at Executive level, including enterprise cloud migration projects
- MBA or other relevant business degree would be an added advantage for combining technical and business skills in the role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.