Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About the Role
Team Manager, Account Management
As a Manager, Account Management as part of Amazon Vendor Services (AVS) Team of Retail Business Services, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy for managing Amazon AVS vendors.
AVS team is looking for a bright, customer obsessed, driven, and creative people leader to join our team. The role leads a team of Account Managers responsible for managing business growth for some of the most influential Selling Partners (vendors) on Amazon, ensuring Selling Partner satisfaction with the program through a high level of service and operational standards. In this role, you will manage strategic joint business plans for Selling Partners across your team by collaborating with them to explore innovative ways to identify and execute new selection, merchandising, and operational improvement opportunities. You will interface internally with leaders from our Retail and Vendor Services teams and will be responsible for all aspects of the vendor’s business with Amazon. Your team will engage directly with multiple internal teams to optimize the product line for key manufacturers (vendors) on Amazon. The ideal candidate thrives in an ambiguous environment where they must develop, implement and iterate data, processes, mechanisms and guardrails to improve the customer experience. Further, the ideal candidate is a business owner who understands the key levers to drive business growth and can operationalize those levers across their team. They have a passion for people leadership and are at their best when they’re building, developing and managing high-performing teams. Your team will utilize a wide range of skills and work across major functional areas such as site merchandising, buying, inventory management, finance, operations and online marketing, to drive the performance of strategic vendor partners at Amazon. In this role you will be focused on the strategic and operational aspects of managing the customer relationships with our vendors.
You will lead the team to conceive, create and analyze a wide range of marketing and site merchandising efforts, to include marketing campaigns to grow the vendor’s traffic, brand awareness, customer conversion, and revenue on Amazon. Also you will look into strategic and operational aspects of their business with Amazon, root cause analysis of issues and opportunities affecting the vendor’s business.
· Lead a team of Account Managers, prioritizing strategic initiatives and provide escalation support as needed.
· Success will be measured by the performance of your internal teams on input metrics and impact of vendors on creating a great customer experience for buying consumers
· Identify, action and/or provide advice on how to improve business input metrics that drive growth and improve end customer experience, in collaboration with other Amazon programs and teams.
· Manage end to end goal setting for team to align with organizational goals.
· Build strong relationships with Selling Partners across the portfolio; proactively build joint business plan action items and act as a point of escalation for outstanding issues, questions, and concerns.
· Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of Selling Partners in an ever-changing business environment. Contributes to and leads strategic plans and documents for the organization.
· Leads recruiting and hiring efforts across direct team and broader organization.
· Manage Selling Partner needs and monitor complexity through efficient resource allocation of Account Managers.
· Monitor Selling Partner satisfaction survey results to analyze both positive and negative feedback trends. Establish improvement plans and mange expectations with Account Managers as appropriate.
· Excellent command of spoken and written English;
· Bachelor’s degree in any discipline is preferred;
· Possess strong communication and leadership skills;
· Able to work in an ambiguous, dynamic & ‘internet-speed’ environment with tight deadlines;
· Willingness to work outside of the "standard" work day;
· Willingness to travel outside the country;
· Have an absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience;
· Possess exceptional skills in data manipulation and analysis;
· Outstanding attention to detail; Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills;
· Be a self-starter;
· Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously;
· Experience in business process improvement.
· Background in Business Process Outsourcing (financial services, customer service, call center, etc.);
· Practiced working knowledge of Lean techniques such as Kaizen or Six Sigma.