Partner Solutions Architects work hand in hand with AWS partners to help them build long-term, profitable businesses around the AWS platform. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with partners in helping them build up their AWS practice by working on a long-term vision and joint value proposition as well as tactical opportunity support for customer engagements. Partner Solutions Architects also take a leading role in creating and presenting technical content and best practices to the wider AWS partner communities.
Partner Solutions Architects own the overall technical relationship between partners and AWS and make recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency for the solutions they provide to customers. They work to understand what value proposition the partner wants to develop and own the technical strategy and enablement plan to get them to where they can effectively market, sell, deliver and operate such solutions for our joint customers.
This role is based in The Netherlands (BNL organization) and you would be working with one of our strategic partners in the AWS Partner Network (APN).
The Partner Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation on cloud technology and a desire to learn.
You will have the support to grow your expertise in industry and technology areas of depth. Every day you will be learning something new from your partner, your peers and your own experiments.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of our customers. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of them.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Partner Solutions Architect, you will:
· Work directly with one of our strategic partners to accelerate their AWS practice development and recommend best-practice architectures for our joint customers in line with their long-term business outcomes.
· Own the technical relationship with the partner and operate as their trusted advisor. You will own the technical plan to grow their AWS capabilities in specific horizontal or vertical areas.
· Share the voice of the partner to influence the roadmap of new features and services for the AWS platform.
· Create and capture best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
· Evangelize and educate about AWS technology (e.g. workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
· Contribute to the growth of the Partner Solutions Architecture organization by hiring, coaching and mentoring others.
· Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your partner’s outcomes.
· Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience
· Broad understanding of technologies related to the cloud ecosystem
· 10+ years of hands on experience in software development, systems administration or both
· Experience working with partners
· Strong customer facing skills and speaking skills
· Fluent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
· Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT projects - either on premises or in the cloud
· Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
· Understanding of the Partner IT ecosystem (SIs, ISVs, Customer trends)
· Experience collaborating effectively with internal or external stakeholder groups at multiple levels
· AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional)
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.