Would you like an internship at an innovative company in a dynamic environment? Are you a student logistics in your third of final phase of your studies and ready to gain experience in business? Then, we are looking for you! Please contact us directly.
Fietsenwinkel.nl, under the parent company International Bike Group (IBG), is the largest cycling retailer of the Netherlands, Belgium and growing in Scandinavia. In recent years, we have achieved many successes and we have increased enormously. Every week, around 1300 bicycles are assembled in the distribution centre here in Amsterdam and are ready for transport towards the stores in the Netherlands. Within the organisation, there are enough opportunities and challenges for you to take initiative and explore.
As an intern you will get the unique opportunity to join a well established company in the E-commerce world, where the entire logistics process is at one location. You will see everything from purchase to delivery and from delivery to return if something is wrong with a bike. The internship will take place at the department ‘After Sales’, where the goal is to reduce returns so the business margins will increase. You will cooperate intensively, whereby you are well supported by the manager, but independence and pro-activity are greatly appreciated.
* Setting up weekly, monthly and annual reports;
* (partly) Independent mapping of the current situation regarding service points;
* Looking for areas of improvement regarding service points;
* Communication relating to the website, customer service and suppliers;
* Helping with process improvements with a fresh pair of eyes.
What we ask from you:
* HBO student with an education in Logistics, Business Administration, Business Studies;
* Available for at least 5 months;
* Self-starter who takes initiative;
* Experience with Microsoft Office;
* Your fluent in Dutch and English, both speaking and writing;
* Research, either during your 3rd years internship or thesis.
What do we offer:
* An inspiring working environment in an innovative and strong growing organization;
* This internship will give you the inspiration, knowledge, and confidence you need to build a strong and successful resume for every job you're looking for in the future;
* A market-based internship fee;
* A fun internship with weekly get-togethers and ping-pong tournaments at lunch!