Business development representative (Sales – English native speaker) Hoofddorp / UK
Are you a native english speaker, who loves the interaction with customers and wants to work for a dynamic and rapidly growing start-up with a really enthusiastic team?
A start-up in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands offers delivery management software for online merchants and has the ambitious goal to become the most popular shipping platform worldwide. They are expanding to the UK within a couple of months, so they are putting together a commercial team for this country right now. Together with your new colleagues (sales, service and IT support) you will support the British customers.
In your position you will be responsible for all sales related activities in the UK. You will be generating, qualifying and nurturing leads and develop, manage, and close sales opportunities. You must meet or exceed territory sales targets using deep industry expertise, drive and creativity. The targets are ambitious, the market is difficult and you are their first sales employee. If this thrives you instead of scares you, then you are what we need.
The product serves several customer groups which should be attracted and retained with different strategies. Think about cold calling, affiliate programs, partnerships with third parties and partners, events, etc. But you are also in charge of the transfer, connection and relationship of the biggest customers.
Since you are the first sales agent, the position comes with great responsibility and independency. They ask you to pro-actively think about their sales strategy, set up the processes and work closely together with your service, marketing and IT colleagues.
As an early stage startup, you will get your hands dirty, get deals over the line whilst demonstrating the value of the platform to prospects.
– Be responsible for achieving the quarterly quota in the UK.
– Know everything there is to know about the product, the market and the competitors and provide this information to the rest of the organization.
– Ensure that the sales process is cost-effective and time-efficient.
– Be shaping the sales strategy (for the British market).
– Research the market and identify the best potential customers.
– Research prospective customers, create outreach strategies.
– Be building your own sales pipeline and manage, and close, sales opportunities.
– Search for, and build, sustainable partnerships in the UK.
– Develop a lot of technical knowledge about the product and other e-commerce software.
– Uncover pains of the customer and use this to optimize the product.
– Advise the rest of the company, with your specific knowledge, about new products, services and processes.
– Continuously improve the sales process in a more efficient one.
– Are a (UK) native english speaker.
– Have a proven track record of successfully selling new enterprise solutions (large software, big data, and analytics solutions in particular) and increasing revenue through new customer acquisition.
– Are competitive and have a relentless desire to succeed and win, and you are performance oriented.
– Are self-motivated and pro-active, organize and schedule your own work and don’t need overhead support.
– Ask questions and actively listen to determine the customers’ needs instead of pushing your own agenda.
– Are organised.
– Are service minded and put customers first. Always.
– Knowledge of, and/or, experience with the ecommerce market is considered a plus
– Work experience in a fast-moving (startup) environment or other entrepreneurial activities is considered a plus.
– Competitive salary
– Company provided laptop
– Working hours from Monday to Friday between 09.00 – 19.00.
– 25 paid vacation days.
– Commute coverage.
– Free lunch, coffee and snacks.
– Team bonus.
– You will be positioned in the Netherlands but will be travelling to the UK on regular basis if turns out to be necessary.