In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a key member of dynamic and challenging set of businesses experiencing high growth by offering full solutions to our customers. Each step in the process requires full ownership and commitment of the Procurement representative within a cross functional project team. You are the single point of contact between the appointed business team, the procurement community and (potential) suppliers, ensuring early involvement of the relevant commodity leader, supplier allocation and introduction as well as proactively contributing to the successful project finalization.
You are responsible for
- Representing procurement within the business and towards suppliers ensuring early supplier involvement with the commodity management team
- Promote Procurement Engineering as a member of the appointed business team
- Directly work with business teams, specifically R&D, to support long term roadmap success
- Providing input for make or buy analysis across both hardware and software components
- Initiating and driving cost management by
- Providing should-cost calculations for the main building blocks of solutions the business is offering to our customers
- Identifying opportunities through target costing across the entire business value chain for the full lifecycle of propositions (i.e. Total Cost of Ownership)
- Managing cost drivers and data sources to improve the design decision making
- Participate in and support Spend Management initiatives that cover both direct and indirect spend
- Driving concept savings in New Product Innovations and Life Cycle Management in close cooperation with Commodity Management, R&D, Production, Marketing, Supplier Quality and Customer Service, employing Value Engineering/Design for Excellence (DfX) methodologies
- Leading, consolidating & managing the reporting of savings for the business
- Driving compliant licensing implementation and reporting within the business systems
- Support the Request for Quotation process
- Driving the Supplier Allocation Process together with the Commodity Teams, including project related contract negotiations
- Supplier management throughout the project
- Executing and support phase in – phase out (PIPO) planning related to new product introduction as well as the existing supply base, managing risk and reducing complexity
- Supporting the in/outsourcing process (e.g. knowledge transfer, supplier ramp- up)
- Supporting the Supplier Quality manager in new supplier component release process, including compliance and sustainability aspects, as well as existing supplier performance
- Providing input to the Commodity Teams regarding the supply base characteristics based on business requirements
- Driving procurement activities in Life Cycle Management of existing products and systems
You are a part of
The Procurement Engineering team covering Enterprise Diagnostic Informatics (EDI), Precision Diagnosis Solution (PDS) and Connected Care Informatics (CCI) businesses within Philips Healthcare. You will support PDS but also other businesses in this portfolio.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Industrial, Computer or Software Engineering; strong background on Software & computer Hardware
- More than 5 years of experience in an international technical and procurement environment
- Embraces the challenging and exciting, sometimes stressful working environment of new product introduction
- Takes responsibility in allocating the best in class suppliers with the right balance in capabilities, quality and costs
- Can lead frequent interfacing with R&D Engineering, Marketing, Quality & Regulatory, Legal and Operations teams as well as the Markets for successful alignment
- Able to bring a positive contribution towards multi-disciplinary project teams; is able to read and understand engineering documentation and SW licensing models in order to challenge design and suppliers on cost and quality
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Do you have the drive to work in a team of highly-skilled professionals, offering world class excellence in medical systems development? Do you have a proven track record in the field of Procurement of New Product Introductions? Do you like working with many different stakeholders on safety critical products for use within the healthcare domain? Then this is a unique opportunity to further grow your career within Philips' Healthcare.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions. #LI-EU
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden