Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam.
Required skills and competences
- Service oriented
- Hospitable attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Representative appearance
- Strong organizer and planner
- Great eye for detail
- A Hotel or Tourism education is preferred
- Fluent in English and basic Dutch skills
- Minimum of 1 year experience within a similar position in the hospitality industry
- Available for morning, evening and night shifts
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program;
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities;
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program;
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels;
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions;
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums;
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
- Incentive program based on performance.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and join the Hilton family!
Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a 5 star property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Front Desk Department we are currently looking for a Front Desk Trainee. Within this position, your main tasks will be:
- Check-in and Check-out procedure
- Answering questions from guests
- Identifying our guest needs
- Offer our guest a friendly, pro-active and efficient service
- Handling of basic problems and complaints
- Carrying out of administrative tasks
- Financial/Cashiering tasks
- Support the Executive Lounge Team in their operational daily tasks when necessary