Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.In short (Purpose of the job)
• Actively manages the lifecycle of the allocated product group/range
• Implements and updates the (necessary) changes/improvements in line with agreed branding rules and hierarchies
• Drive customer preference for AkzoNobel products vs competition by creating evidence and supporting the messaging of product strengths of winning SEFI’s to MSU
• Actively contribute to reducing unrewarded complexity and implement consolidated SEFI’s throughout the region in a smooth way.
• Use a range of market and customer insights to optimize the product portfolio – to do this effectively, the role holder should be able to
• understand the customer needs and customer decision journey,
• utilize and interpret internal/ external market, and competitor information
• synthesize data and present from that conclusions and recommendations
2. Product Portfolio
• Actively manages the specified portfolio of products by reviewing the existing product portfolio against criteria of quality, performance, competition, customer needs, environmental footprint and profit delivery.
• Support the creation and maintenance of an efficient and effect product and packaging catalogue and use appropriate governance to ensure its correct us within the markets
• Leads or participates in cross-functional project teams to deliver specific product or portfolio product improvements, product introductions or simplification as required in the BU and across multiple countries, brands and segments with varying timelines and stakholders.
• Project Management activities will span over the full product life-cycle – this would include:
• Bring in new products/features (Refill), leveraging existing products, regularly optimising existing products (Renovate or Value Engineering) and eliminating obsolete products
• Create proposals and specification for new (refill) and improved products (renovate) in liaison with R&D and based on market trends, competitor analysis and customer needs
• Create/Co-create and validate relevant value propositions with recognizable proofpoints and claim integrity that are attractive and competitive as well as being consistent with the overarching category plans and agreed branding rules and hierarchies
• Grow the sustainable solutions and ecopremium categories in the Sustainable Product Portfolio Assessment in line with our People Planet Paint ambitions
• Maintain the specified product ranges and associated master data; ensure compliance to technical specifications set by R&D and PSRA
• Drive and support complexity reduction; Responsible for merging comparable value propositions to minimize complexity.
• Ensure overall effectiveness of the project management projects by building in interdependencies with other disciplines – linking them with the activities in R&D product development, ISC and Marketing Insights teams as well as other key functions and stakeholders. This will be reflected in KPIs on range vitality in use in among others the Product Management Review in the Integrated Business Planning.
• Creates sales arguments for products including competitive comparisons
• Ensures that relevant product information is provided to the commercial organization.
• Provides ideas for product positioning to broader product management community.
• Contributes to the creation of best practices in product management across the business unit
• Contributes to the creation and maintenance of the EMEA Product catalogue
4. Business Partners:
• Local marketers/productmanagers in MSU
• R&D: PDC, LTS, PSRA
• ISC: commercialization teams and NPI coordinators
• Commercial marketing: Brandmarketing teams and communication
• Local Sales teams
• Develop & implement product positioning literature for the internal organization and external customers;
• Co-Creation of high-impact product related sales/marketing tools o.a. newsletters, presentations, (internal) product demos etc.
5.Compliance & HSE
• Be familiar with and ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures related to personal conduct and HSE standards
• Use existing AkzoNobel NPI and MOC tools
• Substantial (5+ years) functional Experience in either R&D, Manufacturing or Marketing with additional experience as a Product Manager running cross-functional projects
• University qualification in business management, marketing; engineering or chemistry
• Experience with Project Management and Customer and Supplier relationships
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English and preferably at least one other language
• Developed business acumen and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Interpersonal effectiveness: Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
• Self starter: Comfortable executing product plans and in engaging key internal and external customers
• Commercially astute and technically strong with excellent business analysis skills too.
• Results focused, excellent communicator who enjoys a collaborative working style.
AkzoNobel is consistently rated as one of the top employers in The Netherlands. You will join a company that is committed to achieving real sustainability. At a personal level you will also benefit from:
• a competitive salary with an above average number of annual holidays;
• participation in the AkzoNobel pension plan;
• travel expenses to and from work
• opportunities for education that will help you to grow beyond this role
We welcome your online application via https://www.akzonobel.com/en/careers. Only online applications including resume, cover letter will be considered. If applicable, is essential that you have a visa
The position is graded in MM5
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 11209