Bedrijf: Moxy/Residence Inn Houthavens.
As a Residence Inn Guest Service Manager you have a dedication and a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude to get the job done, whilst helping our guests ‘thrive’ and make the most of their stays. Reporting to the Operations Manager your core purpose will be:
- Assist the Operations manager by being the’ face’ of Residence Inn when our guests arrive at the hotel or make telephone enquiries. It’s vital that they are warmly and efficiently welcomed, as you ‘confidently read’ and respond appropriately to their individual requirements. Equally, when they check out after their stay with us, we want them to leave happy and looking forward to their next visit
- Assist guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner with registration and check out, ensuring that any special requirements are noted and passed to the appropriate department.
- Direct the day to day activities of your team of Guest Service agents and Food & Beverage Hosts; plan, organise and assign work, develop and communicate strategies and goals. Advise staff of formal policies and procedures.
- Train, inspire, motivate and manage the Guest Services & the F&B team to ensure they meet their key objective of creating and maintaining great rapport with existing and new guests and achieving revenue goals and maximising profits for the hotel while maintaining guest satisfaction.
- Ensure your department rolls out and adheres to Residence Inns standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all complaints are dealt with appropriately taking on the authority to resolve any concerns and requests raised.
- Monitor all guest accounts ensuring that charges posted are correct and that supporting documentation is readily available.
- Manage the operation of the hotel switchboard to the Company standard, ensuring that all messages are correctly handled.
- Be aware of and operate the hotel cash handling, security and emergency procedures and report any discrepancies to the Operations Manager immediately. Ensure banking of monies is completed accurately by all members of Guest Services Team.
- Make sure that you and your team are able to deal efficiently with reservation requests, confirmation of bookings and special requests.
- Be knowledgeable of hotel rates and terms of business, taking every opportunity to up sell rooms with the aim of achieving maximum occupancy at maximum rate.
- Take every opportunity to explain the facilities to our guests and potential guests
- Support and lead all members of the team to achieve and maintain standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Deputise for the Operations Manager at Residence Inn as required.
- Hotel reception experience
- Duty manager experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Customer focused “ No problem mentality”
- Smart professional appearance
- Passionate about Standards
- Keen eye for details
- Excellent organisational skills
- A sense of humour
- OPERA knowledge
- Preferably worked for extended stay hotel before
What’s in it for you?
- A fun, spirited workplace where we put people at the heart of everything and our team get to be their true self !
- An internship with over 220.000 colleagues worldwide!
- The best project you will ever work on is you! So let us help you grow with our guidance and training possibilities!
- Feed your wanderlust with discounts in over 6500 hotels!
- We JUST opened, so be part of our new team!
We are too ‘CYCAS’ to be grumpy. .... our job isn’t over until we get a smile!
Do you have what it takes? Are you looking for a hotel job that is unlike any other? Then we have the perfect job for you as Residence Inn Guest Service Manager! We are looking for crew members that have a great and unique style, are quick on their feet and know what is happening in Amsterdam!
We at Cycas Hospitality have a team of dedicated crew members that get to be their true selves so that they can deliver positively OUTRAGEOUS service! We put people at the heart of everything we do and are looking to recruit a friendly, spirited, fun and outgoing new Guest Service Manager for the Residence Inn!
#ATTHEMOXY we created a free-spirited place where our guests can do all that crazy stuff they would never think of doing at home, together with likeminded spirits they had otherwise never met! The Wi-Fi is speedy and the cushy beds are freshly made, but more importantly, the bar is always open and ‘the crew’ is always on duty to serve.
Residence Inn by Marriott is an extended stay brand whereby our guests stay for longer periods of time. It is up to us to make them feel at home with our family of associates! All rooms are suites with more living and working space, than you would find in any other hotel room, including a fully equipped kitchen in every suite! Our guests (the Maximizers) want to Maximize their stay and we are here to help them do that, by offering grocery services, complimentary daily breakfast and of course all the places to be in Amsterdam!