Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam.
Required skills and competences
- Service oriented
- Hospitable attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Eye for detail
- Representative appearance
- Strong organizer and planner
- Fluent in English and basic Dutch skills
- A hotel school or tourism student
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a 5 star property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Housekeeping Department we are currently looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Housekeeping Floor Supervisor Trainee. Within this internship your main tasks will be:
Monitoring and supervision of the housemen and room attendant
- Manage the allocation of work for the housemen and room attendants
- Shared supervision of the Housekeeping team members
- Inform team members about arriving and in house VIP’s
- Responsible for housekeeping procedures which serve the health and safety of team members and guests, such as the administration of the lost property office, key control and safety and security and emergency measures
- Monitoring guest and cleaning supplies
Communication with other departments
- Monitor guest complaints and carry out corrective measures
- Ensure that Housekeeping team members are familiar with the services and facilities in the hotel in order to be of assistance to guests
- Prepare VIP rooms according to standard procedure