Bedrijf: W Amsterdam.
- MBO-/HBO- work and think level
- Experience in leading of a part of the Housekeeping Team
- More experience required than only Supervising/Checking Rooms
- Several years of relevant work experience in the 5 * hotel industry
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English
Start your career as Housekeeping Supervisor (Style Supervisor) at the W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside the W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Living Room. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.
Located near Dam Square, W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district.
In this position you will be responsible for supervising employees and assisting Housekeeping management in running daily activities within the department and will work all evening shifts. You will direct and work with employees to ensure property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained.
- The Housekeeping Supervisor makes sure that all rooms are in perfect condition at all times, the cleaning of public spaces and co-managing linens, uniforms etc.
- Supervising and checking the (outsourced) room girls / boys and floor supervisors at the cleanliness of the rooms and surroundings.
- Guiding, motivating and training employees, among others things by giving practical training in accordance with the ABC standards.
- Run room reports, verify room status, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms.
- Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering, Front Office, and our third party partner. Document and resolve any issues and complete required paperwork.
- Assist management in training, scheduling, evaluating, counselling, disciplining, motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Resolving or passing on to the Housekeeping Manager of complaints, requests and questions from guests.
- Providing service to guests (extra pillows, blankets, etc.) and returning used materials from the service room.
- Carrying out any other activities that can reasonably be expected of you within the hotel.
You possess high levels of organizational skills and efficiency and are able to work under pressure. As "Talent" you represent the W lifestyle to our guests. You are the heart inside the brand - you bring it to life. We don't call W employees "Talent" for nothing. Creative. Exciting. Innovative. W Talent are naturally attracted to the Brand - they "get it"! W Talent are as unique as the brand itself, and cultivate the witty, whimsical, cool W environment. We push the envelope, raise the bar, and strive to be the best.
If you are the right candidate, you will be passionate about the W brand. You'll have an upbeat and positive attitude and you are someone who enjoys a challenge! You thrive from working in a high pressure and high volume environment and can think and act quickly if need be. You are a team player and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers alike. You generally have a work hard/play hard attitude to life and you enjoy having fun at work as well!