Financial Controller Hoofddorp – Dutch speaker / 32-40 uur
Are you the all-round financial specialist who wants to work for a dynamic and rapidly growing start-up with a really enthusiastic team? This client in Hoofddorp offers delivery management software for online merchants and has the ambitious goal to become the most popular shipping platform worldwide. They are going live with their product in a couple of months, so they are putting together an operational team at this moment.
You will play a key role contributing to the overall success of the organisation by effectively managing all financial tasks, overseeing budgeting and accounting. We are looking for a candidate who is able to combine precision and control with an excellent, innovative and efficient stakeholder experience, analytic thinking and who is able to thrive on the challenges presented by a fast-moving business.
Working as a controller at this company might be slightly different than working as a controller in other companies. They are finalizing their product at the moment but expect to grow rapidly in the coming years. This means your role will develop accordingly. In the beginning you’ll be working closely together with management to set up and advice about all financial processes. During the first year you will be very hands on and support your service colleagues with answering the questions of the customers, and you will be in charge of all financial administration. As soon as the growth kicks in and they will be expanding, so will your team. You will have the possibility to grow in the position of financial director. If this variety of work and getting your hands dirty, does not scare you, but makes you enthusiastic instead, please send us your resume.
– Day-to-day accounting operations including AR/AP, Billing, General Ledger, Treasury, cost accounting and revenue recognition
– Reconcile bank accounts and manage cash flow.
– Oversee Payroll
– Managing financial audits
– Prepare and execute the monthly close process
– Responsible for tax compliance
– Provide accurate and timely information to external auditors
– Set up and improve policies and procedures, controls and reporting
– Budgeting, forecasting and advise management with financial reporting
In order to be successful, you need to:
– Be self-motivated, self-sufficient and a self-starter, organize and schedule your own work and don’t need overhead support.
– Enjoy wearing multiple hats and being involved in all aspects of making the business successful
– Have strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
– Results focused
– Humble and a strong service orientation
– High level of integrity
– Are very structured, organised and have an incredible attention to detail
– Excellent communication skills
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with already a broad exposure to different facets of finance over their career
– Minimum Bsc degree in finance
– Work experience in a fast-moving (startup) environment or other entrepreneurial activities is considered a plus.
What you can expect:
If you love a fast-paced environment, fast growth, and the potential to have a huge impact within a company, then you are going to love working here. This is a great opportunity to join a start-up in the early stages and be a part of its success. You’ll be working in a varied job closely together with your colleagues of different departments (IT, service and management). You will be given a lot of individual responsibilities. And:
– A nice office, with healthy lunch, good coffee and weekly drinks (and a game-room with a pool table)
– Full support for personal development and opportunities to grow
– A young and enthusiastic team
– A good salary and secondary working conditions.
– Competitive salary
– Working hours from Monday to Friday between 09.00 – 18.00
– 25 paid vacation days
– Commute coverage
– Free lunch, coffee and snacks
– Company provided Laptop